Synchronize datafile among different OS, including XP-SP3

MMEX4Android 5.1 and above upon SAF

Moderator: Renato

dinopaolo
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Synchronize datafile among different OS, including XP-SP3

Post by dinopaolo »

Need to synchronize my files, including MMEX datafile, among Windows 8, Windows XP-SP3 and Android.
The MMEX Android App 4.5 (beta) claim to support the following cloud-sharing systems:
Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, Box
but none of above support XP :(

Actually testing Sync.com, witch provide encryption an XP support, but MMEX (4.4 and 4.5) do not open the datafile in the Sync folder.

Is there any solution or workaround to address this issue?
Thanks
Dino
GabrieleV
MMEX Developer

Re: Synchronize datafile among different OS, including XP-SP

Post by GabrieleV »

Considering that MMEX desktop doesn't officially support Windows XP and some functions (graphs for example) doesn't work at all on it, I strongly suggest you to upgrade XP machines.

As workaround you could try some app that sync an Android folder with cloud, use local DB in app and manually sync at open and close.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Re: Synchronize datafile among different OS, including XP-SP

Post by MisterY »

dinopaolo wrote:Need to synchronize my files, including MMEX datafile, among Windows 8, Windows XP-SP3 and Android.
The MMEX Android App 4.5 (beta) claim to support the following cloud-sharing systems:
Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, Box
but none of above support XP :(

Actually testing Sync.com, witch provide encryption an XP support, but MMEX (4.4 and 4.5) do not open the datafile in the Sync folder.

Is there any solution or workaround to address this issue?
There are probably many workarounds. The question is how much time is it worth spending.
Is there any particular reason you are still using Windows XP? Perhaps switching to Linux on a older machine would be a viable option. Having said that, I'm not sure that MMEX Linux version is up to date but I'm pretty sure that several of the supported services have Linux clients.