synchronize

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

fonfonsd
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

synchronize

Post by fonfonsd »

Hello, I installed the application on ANDROID (1 smartphone and Tablet) 2 devices, I have a DROPBOX account. Unable to synchronize the 2 devices.
If I enter a financial transaction on the shelf it is'nt not
subsequently on the smartphone. Thank you
ole088
New MMEX User

Re: synchronize

Post by ole088 »

I am also experiencing a sync problem.  I have the portable version for Windows on a flash drive and have tried using Dropbox and Google Drive to sync with no success.  I setup a few accounts in an encrypted database on the desktop and copied the file to cloud storage.  I can see the file on mobile devices, but when it is opened, the app says that there are no visible accounts and I need to create one.  I have tried with a tablet running Android 4.4.2 and a phone running Android 6.0.1 and get the same results on each.  I have also seen on a couple of test occasions where the mobile version more than triples the size of the database file and I can no longer open it in the Windows version.

As a test, I tried the same steps with a non-encrypted database and it opened fine on the tablet.  The sync of an encrypted database is what I am finding to be a problem and the feature I require - please fix this as soon as you can.
Davepatkelly
New MMEX User

Post by Davepatkelly »

hi since the upgrade to 'MoneyManagerEx Android Full' version 2016.07.18 build 867 I have not been able to upload myfile either automatically or manually.I have signed off and on to dropbox,reset preferences etcThe first time I used 'MoneyManagerEx Android Full' I had an email from dropboxsaying I had connected it and it shows in my account page. But it does not show on my apps under files Please help David Kelly
fonfonsd
New MMEX User

Post by fonfonsd »

good evening for me always impossible to synchronize two smartphones with my Dropbox account.
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

The CloudRail library has been improved in the meanwhile so hopefully those sync issues have gone. I have to say I did not experience any of that so I'm making any improvements blindly.

Others, please read some documentation first. There is no support for encryption in Android version because the algorithm used for encryption is not available.
I have another solution but that would mean that the mobile database would be incompatible with desktop, which defeats the purpose.

I generally do not use the encrypted database. The device security and encryption should be fairly safe.
Colourqueen
New MMEX User

Post by Colourqueen »

I m getting the same issues. My database is not encrypted and I cannot syncronize at all since the upgrade.
richardg7vyi
New MMEX User

Post by richardg7vyi »

I too am suffering with sync problems. I use Money Manager EX on windows and android but tend to use my Android installation the most with syn to dropbox. I opened the computer installation this morning and realised Android hasn't synced to Dropbox for around a month with my dropbox database not going past early July entries when opened on computer. On checking my android install I found all the dropbox settings had been lost. I've reinstated them and tried uploading database to dropbox and although it goes through the motions saying database is being uploaded no file appears in dropbox. I've tried changing my cloud storage to google drive instead but am getting no joy with that either. Android version is 2016.08.15 build 881. 
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Hi, all,

please post some more details in addition "can not sync" if you wish to receive any meaningful reply. Unfortunately, there is only one person contributing to the Android app and figuring out what is wrong in each particular case requires too much time, which I unfortunately do not have.

I would point out that I have contributed significant time to writing the User Manual, available from the Android app's homepage. Please spend some time reading it.
Also, any contribution from you, the users, in these forums is welcome. This is an Open Source project and it can only work if you contribute.
In the end, I am just a user like you. Except that I am making more effort in helping others than most.
Last edited by MisterY on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.