Importing data from another accounting software

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

tosca
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Importing data from another accounting software

Post by tosca »

I would like to make the switch from Linux KMyMoney to Android MMEX and transfer my historical data. KMyMoney provides exports in both QIF and CSV formats; but I can't find an import function on the MMEX side.
Am I missing something?

Thanks for helping.
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Re: Importing data from another accounting software

Post by MisterY »

I'm sorry that I can't help you with the issue you are experiencing. What I would like to kindly ask you is to place the questions into an appropriate forum. This may result in receiving an answer more quickly and to the point.
The Android app has no importing functionality, unfortunately. This part of the functionality is handled by the desktop application.
tosca
New MMEX User

Post by tosca »

Thanks, I got answers in this thread. (I think the current one could be deleted by the moderators).

By the way, what do you mean by "an appropriate forum"? Isn't this one dedicated to MMEX Android version?
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

tosca wrote:Thanks, I got answers in this thread. (I think the current one could be deleted by the moderators).

By the way, what do you mean by "an appropriate forum"? Isn't this one dedicated to MMEX Android version?
Yes, that's correct. I was under the impression that you wanted to migrate to the desktop version of MMEX.
I am only assuming that the desktop forums are receiving more visits so someone could provide an answer.
Hope your issue is resolved, though.
tosca
New MMEX User

Post by tosca »

MisterY wrote:Yes, that's correct. I was under the impression that you wanted to migrate to the desktop version of MMEX.
That's not the case. In fact, I want to migrate to MMEX in order to manage my accounts from my Android tablet.
Hope your issue is resolved, though.
No, unfortunately. It seems I will need to use the desktop version at least once in order to do the import... but there is no Linux rpm version, and it can't even be compiled on a Fedora distro as it lacks some required lib.
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

That's unfortunate, indeed. However, the beauty of Open Source projects is that anyone can write the functionality that they need.
This is how I started contributing to the project and find it very convenient compared to closed-source software.
tosca
New MMEX User

Post by tosca »

Got a solution from the french Fedora forum: RPM packages are available from a private repo, see this page.
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

tosca wrote:Got a solution from the french Fedora forum: RPM packages are available from a private repo, see this page.
Thanks for sharing!
tosca
New MMEX User

Post by tosca »

MisterY wrote:Thanks for sharing!
That's the least I could do! :)
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Somyadhawan wrote:Why don't you use some external APIs to perform this function?
Hi,

We are an Open Source project. If you have a feature that may be useful to others, you can submit a pull request to our GitHub repository. Thanks!