Since latest update sync not working

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

Carren
New MMEX User

Since latest update sync not working

Post by Carren »

Since the update yesterday to Build 898 the app no longer syncs correctly to Dropbox. I get an error saying "Both the local and remote databases have been modified!" - it then flashes up an error splash icon which then disappears.

Until the latest update I had no problems at all.
paulius55
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Since latest update sync not working

Post by paulius55 »

I am also having problems syncing to Dropbox. It does not seem to be syncing automatically after each transaction and if I force it to sync then it goes into an everlastingly loop of "sync in progress" or whatever it says. I have to kill the application and go back into it when the database uploads immediately.
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are having the same issues with the current Beta version?
Also, please do report the exact version you are having issues with. Using "latest version" does not convey much information, especially for the Beta release channel where sometimes there are several releases per day.
Carren
New MMEX User

Post by Carren »

MisterY wrote:Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are having the same issues with the current Beta version?
Also, please do report the exact version you are having issues with. Using "latest version" does not convey much information, especially for the Beta release channel where sometimes there are several releases per day.
I'm running Version 2016.09.02.911 which I thought was the latest stable version. I have sent email feedback on this via the app too.
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Carren wrote:

I'm running Version 2016.09.02.911 which I thought was the latest stable version. I have sent email feedback on this via the app too.
Hi, Carren,

According to the log, your issue is caused by conflicts in the synchronization. Both, your database on the device and in the cloud, have been modified. Therefore, the app tells you that via error message and refuses to overwrite either file.
Carren
New MMEX User

Post by Carren »

MisterY wrote:
Carren wrote:

Hi, Carren,

According to the log, your issue is caused by conflicts in the synchronization. Both, your database on the device and in the cloud, have been modified. Therefore, the app tells you that via error message and refuses to overwrite either file.
Carren
New MMEX User

Post by Carren »

Something weird is happening when I reply with quotes so will try it this way instead.

I don't understand why I'm getting this database conflict or what I need to do to resolve it.

Can somebody please enlighten me?
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

You can either force upload or force download to overwrite the destination in either direction.