Sync using OneDrive

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

MisterY
Super User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Sync using OneDrive

Post by MisterY »

Yes, I'd certainly encourage anyone interested to explore and contribute. As I keep saying, it's an Open Source hobby project.
Please keep in mind that, even though in MMEX there are several participating developers, for Android there is only one person (more or less) actively involved so don't expect much in terms of development or documentation at this point.
Without two-three or more actively participating developers, I don't think we'll be progressing much in the short term.
Renee
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Sync using OneDrive

Post by Renee »

wizardict wrote:
javiermarcon wrote:Excelent idea on using symmetricds to manage cetralized database. Is there a tutorial on how to configure symmetricds to sync several mmex databases?

Thanks.
As far as I'm aware no testing or development has been done in this area so far, so there are no tutorials as you would be breaking new ground. Whilst I think there's agreement that it would improve synchronisation, there are a lot of other things to work on and devs only have a certain amount of time.

IMO, this feature is so important, I may be able to volunteer my time to do documentation, as I am not a programmer and I haven't ever made a youtube video (although, I am considering making some English quality videos for this product). I am so grateful for this product, I feel it is the least I can do to contribute back at least 1-2 hrs per week to start, which will also enable them to continue to be there for us.

I too find this product superior for the same reasons as Wizardict. These developers have been very active and attentive to their audience for over 10 years and again.

Wizardict, have you made this feature a reality as of yet? Where do you stand with this feature? Thank you for your time.

Any other volunteers?