Google Drive Sync Issue

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

smjohns
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Google Drive Sync Issue

Post by smjohns »

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I am having issues using the Google Drive sync with a new Samsung Galaxy S7 running 6.0.1. I am running the latest version of Money Manager EX (2017.01.19.949). When I first launched the app I set up the synchronization. When I set the Provider to Google Drive, it connected successfully and asked me for my email address and password and then asked me to approve the app, which I did. When I then clicked on the Remote file option, the app just sat there with a progress circle but never managed to find a file. 

I managed to get it working with Dropbox but definitely prefer using Google Drive? Is there a way of getting this to work?
smjohns
New MMEX User

Re: Google Drive Sync Issue

Post by smjohns »

Can anyone help with this? Have tried it again since upgrading to Nougat but still Money refuses to talk with Google Drive?
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

It seems that Google has deprecated some API calls. This requires additional effort to adjust the app to their new requirements.
Other services operate without any issues.
EViollet
New MMEX User

Post by EViollet »

MisterY wrote:It seems that Google has deprecated some API calls. This requires additional effort to adjust the app to their new requirements.
Hi.
I'm not so sure.
Reverting to the january version of MMEX works.
So it seems that the problem is only with the latest version.

Regards
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

EViollet wrote:
MisterY wrote:It seems that Google has deprecated some API calls. This requires additional effort to adjust the app to their new requirements.
Hi.
I'm not so sure.
Reverting to the january version of MMEX works.
So it seems that the problem is only with the latest version.

Regards
All the cloud communication is handled by the CloudRail library. We could try using an older version.
However, a notification from them stated that the authentication has beed modified by Google recently and that app modifications are required.
In any case, if this turns out to require too much maintenance time, it may be removed altogether.
If anyone manages to get it working, please submit a pull request.