Incorrect Balance on Android App

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

snaffie
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Incorrect Balance on Android App

Post by snaffie »

Hi everyone!

Firstly, a big thank you to the developers and all contributors for this app! I have tried a multitude of personal finance apps but none of them have been able to meet my needs (cross-platform, multiple currencies and accounts) and all for free as well.

I have been using MMEX for Windows and Android since the start of 2016 and have had no issues so far with Dropbox synchronisation.

However, lately I noticed that the balance on one of my cash accounts (the others have correct balances) in the Android app did not match the balance shown in the Windows app. It appeared to be short of a withdrawal of £5.50.

I can verify that the Windows' balance is correct since it corresponds to the amount of cash I have on hand. I have tried several ways to synchronise the database, including trying to load a back-up database in Dropbox and reinstalling the Android app, but to no avail.

I suspect the issue is that one of the withdrawal transactions in the database is not being summed up correctly in Android, but unfortunately, I have multiple withdrawals of £5.50 every week (for lunch at work) hence there is a number of transactions that needs to be sifted through. Furthermore, I do not know how to identify the problem transaction apart from manually deleting each one in Android and looking at the marginal change in the balance.

Was hoping someone here might be able to help me quickly identify the problem transaction, or maybe knows whether it is a bug and how I can go about resolving it.

Thank you for your help! 
snaffie
New MMEX User

Re: Incorrect Balance on Android App

Post by snaffie »

Hmmm.. guess this is a tough one?

Raised a ticket on the Support website...will update if I hear back. :)
lukassk
New MMEX User

Post by lukassk »

Hello, I have the same problem. In cash account i have different value 3,8€ between android app and windows app.
druplex
New MMEX User

Post by druplex »

I have the same same exact problem. Has anyone found a solution?