Desktop sync to Android fine, but not Android back to Deskto

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

OJudd
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Desktop sync to Android fine, but not Android back to Deskto

Post by OJudd »

Hello,
I have just started using MMEX and am enjoying it!
Have downloaded for Windows, and using OneDrive for syncing to my Android Smartphone. This worked well, and was able to set this up just fine using OneDrive, and pointing it to the correct file.
BUT, if i add a transaction on Android, it does not sync/update with my Desktop version.

Why, and how can i fix?
erivelto
New MMEX User

Re: Desktop sync to Android fine, but not Android back to De

Post by erivelto »

Same problem here. Apparently after I upgraded to Android Oreo. And I could not sync with Gdrive, Dropbox and Onedrive.
erivelto
New MMEX User

Post by erivelto »

Same problem here. Apparently after I upgraded to Android Oreo. And I could not sync with Gdrive, Dropbox and Onedrive.
TimP58
New MMEX User

Post by TimP58 »

My Pixel has upgraded to Android P and I am having the same problems. I have tried both One drive (doesn't work at all) and Google drive (very unreliable)
TheTechGuy153
New MMEX User

Post by TheTechGuy153 »

I am having the exact same issue on my Verizon Google Pixel with Android 9, it just started a couple of days ago and was working with Android 9 initially. Has anyone found out anything on this? One thing I noticed is that the local file stored under /storage/emulated/0/MoneyManagerEx, the regular <filename>.mmb file is not being updated, the ones that are updating when when I added/changed transactions from the phone had the extension <filename>.mmb-wal and <filename>.mmb-shm. Anyone have any thoughts on what those file extensions are?
Morris
New MMEX User

Post by Morris »

I have a the same problem. The android transactions do not update to dropbox. When I check on the windows 10 PC the local and dropbox mmb is correct. The android says that it is updating the local and remote database but a few seconds later a yellow 1 appears next to the MMEX icon. This has happened several times in the past and I had to re-input several months of data. I would perfer not to do that again. Can you tell me a fix? Thanks
mikeSK
New MMEX User

Post by mikeSK »

Same problem- Android working fine - it keeps telling me local and remote databases have been updated but the desktop doesn't recognise the changes.