Application crashes when I tap the Split Category

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

leas1968
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Application crashes when I tap the Split Category

Post by leas1968 »

Just out of the blue today when I tap the Split Category the application crashes with the following message. I run the applicatioh on Android 6 on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 since 2016.

android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #19: Binary XML file line #19: Error inflating class android.support.design.widget.CoordinatorLayout
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1100(ActivityThread.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
Caused by: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #19: Binary XML file line #19: Error inflating class android.support.design.widget.CoordinatorLayout
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java)
at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.setContentView(AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:469)
at androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity.setContentView(AppCompatActivity.java:140)
at com.money.manager.ex.common.MmxBaseFragmentActivity.setContentView(MmxBaseFragmentActivity.java:75)
at com.money.manager.ex.transactions.SplitCategoriesActivity.onCreate(SplitCategoriesActivity.java:99)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java)
... 10 more
Caused by: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #19: Error inflating class android.support.design.widget.CoordinatorLayout
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java)
... 19 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "android.support.design.widget.CoordinatorLayout" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.money.manager.ex-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.money.manager.ex-1/lib/arm64, /vendor/lib64, /system/lib64]]
at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:56)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:511)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:469)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java)
... 21 more
Suppressed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: android.support.design.widget.CoordinatorLayout
at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
at java.lang.BootClassLoader.findClass(ClassLoader.java:781)
at java.lang.BootClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:841)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:504)
... 23 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found using the boot class loader; no stack trace available

I uninstalled the app, installed again, deleted the database and brought back from Dropbox (where I keep it to sync the database). Nothing. The app keeps crashing with exactly the same message. The application works fine from Windows.
leas1968
New MMEX User

Re: Application crashes when I tap the Split Category

Post by leas1968 »

Well, I must say that I downloaded the 2018 09 22 985 release and works fine. I am not going to use any 2019 release of the application until the developer tell us it is fixed. The latest updates were catastrophic. The app does not connect to any cloud services, cannot open an existing database and if I manage to open a database I can't change the remote location of the database. If I try to enter a transaction and try to split the app crashes. Catastrophic update. I was forced to export all my data to CSV file and work with Excel or with the Windows application.
MWayneB
New MMEX User

Post by MWayneB »

I would like to mirror your input as everything posted is true and extremely disappointing.

How to I obtain a 2018 version of the install to get my mobile Monet Manager Ex back to working order?

Thanks
LordAnacho
New MMEX User

Post by LordAnacho »

Similar problem here. Luckily my app doesn't crash, but I can no longer split categories. When I tap the button, it just goes backt to the home screen. Very frustrating
Erik, Belgium
leas1968
New MMEX User

Post by leas1968 »

Go there

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/andro ... x/releases

and scroll down while you find the 2018 relase. Don't use beta. Only the stable
MisterY
Super MMEX User

Post by MisterY »

Please report issues on GitHub. Or, rather, first check if someone else has already reported it, or if it has been fixed in the meantime.