Moderator: Renato

Brian24
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Cannot open from Dropbox

Post by Brian24 »

Hi
I updated again by mistake.
Found the older versions on Moneymanagerex websites under downloads.
Just installed version 2018.09.22.985 and it works fine.
reachalex
Senior MMEX User

Post by reachalex »

MMEX Team,

Are there any fixes for this in the immediate future or is the only solution to go back to the old version?
Please do let me know.
mullern77
New MMEX User

Post by mullern77 »

The latest version that works for me with Dropbox repository is 2018.11.15.987
reachalex
Senior MMEX User

Post by reachalex »

Same Question:
MMEX Team,

Are there any fixes for this in the immediate future or is the only solution to go back to the old version?
Please do let me know.
DaviBrons
New MMEX User

Post by DaviBrons »

Similar problems with the application appeared after the last update. I recommend going back to the previous version, or even better, to the very beginning.
Open "Settings".
Select Applications or Application Manager.
Select "Application Manager" if your device has one. ...
Select the application whose version you want to return to the factory version.
Click on the "Uninstall updates" button
The application will be the same as you launched it the first time.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

reachalex wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:56 pm MMEX Team,

Please do let me know.
The Android version has not kept pace with the desktop version due to lack of developers able/willing to support it.
gregcap
Senior MMEX User

Post by gregcap »

Hy,
any news about this post and about the post "syncro Dropbox problems?

I have been using MMEX for more than 2 years now and I had chosen it because similar to MS Money 2000, but also because it had an ANDROID version that promised well.
But actually I have NEVER used the ANDROID versions that sometimes I installed, sometime for synchronization problems and others time because they did not open the .mmb file on Dropbox at all.
In the end and for a long time I've been used only the WINDOWS client.

Now I can't understand if everything is still stopped at this post dated 2020 or if (maybe !!) there are any positive news.

ps:
I currently have my file.mmb (not encrypted) on DROPBOX, I WORK WITHOUT PROBLEMS from Windows with the latest version.

On Android I have tha android app version 2019.02.28.997 (but is it the latest?).

Via android app I can open the file and work with it, I use both the folloing kethod:
- run the app and open my file as "last open file" known to the app,
- setting tha file in Drpbox app and executing the command "open with ... ".

My problem is I don't understand how a catch often occurs between Dropbox's standalone sync and the Android app's SYNCR command.

Indeed:

A - if I do not execute the SYNC command, when I reopen from Windows I DO NOT find the new transactions entered via the Android app (and this seems correct to me, because only the file on the smartphone has been updated and not the remote one on Dropbox);

B - if I run it, I receive a successful update message from the app, but then:
-- my file opened by WINDOWS as "last opened" does NOT contain my last updates;
-- the system creates a file "myfile(username's.conflicted copy).mmb" and THIS FILE CONTAINS UPDATES (?? !!)

- Then I MUST perform two renames, first of the file.mmb in "fileold.mmb" and then of the above file "conflicted" in file.mmb

But then the SYNC command of the android app should be used or not?
maybe the command must to be used only when allocating the myfile.mmb on others clouds as Google Drive or One Drive?

Finally, I remember correctly or not that during the installation phase you had to set the link to the remote file on Dropbox?

I don't know anymore and I can't find the parameter of the android app that I have iposted, maybe you choose it only during the installation phase from apk and then I have to re-install?

Thank you
---
Nikolay wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:23 am
reachalex wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:56 pm MMEX Team,

Please do let me know.
The Android version has not kept pace with the desktop version due to lack of developers able/willing to support it.