MMEX4Android 5.1 and above upon SAF

Moderator: Renato

rafamturpin
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Remote DB sync missing

Post by rafamturpin »

rafamturpin wrote:
andyb wrote:This issue seems to have been going on a while. I'm not sure why. The best solution seems to be to go back to an older version:

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/andro ... .11.15.987

Or find another app. There don't seem to be many similar apps which talk to an Android app and a Windows application.

Hopefully the developers can get it sorted soon.

No Sincroniza con Dropbox
Sabe si se va a resolver la sincronización con Dropbox?.
Gracias.
rafamturpin
New MMEX User

Post by rafamturpin »

jjbova wrote:IF you open the menu there is now a "Synchronize" option. However it won't do it automatically. And it doesn't tie into the storage option (Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, etc.), it just uses the file that is on your phone. You have to point directly to the file. I don't like it.... but it's semi working for me.
Creo que es un gran error. Debería volver a poder sincronizar con Dropbox.
Gracias.
rafamturpin
New MMEX User

Post by rafamturpin »

awmhove wrote:Since the new update today, the dB sync with remote storage is missing. I can't sync my db
Yo tampoco y es un gran problema.
Confío que alguien conteste al respecto y nos diga si va o no a sincronizar de nuevo con Dropbox.
rafamturpin
New MMEX User

Post by rafamturpin »

Me gustarí si alguien puede contestar a si podremos sincronizar con Dropbox o no.
Sin sincronicaxión, esta aplicación sirve de poco, ya que se puedenperder datos.
Gracias.
MoT

Post by MoT »

been meddling with this issue..
the trick is..
1. open your cloud drive (e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive) in your device..(install it if absent)
2. find the latest update file in your cloud drive.. (e.g. // Dropbox/Apps/MoneyManagerEx Mobile/ *.mmb)
3. open the file from the cloud drive.. android will prompt which app to use.. select always for Money Manager Ex Mobile (of course)

Wah laa.. !.. it will auto sync. (hopefully)

That works for me

p.s.
do not use myfiles app.. and open the file from <../com.dropbox.android> directory..it won't work
asiansoundtech
New MMEX User

Post by asiansoundtech »

As of today, the synchronization option is still missing in the most updated Android app. I am reverting back to previous version as suggested and it is working fine.

Any update on if it is going to be fixed? Tried Toshl, Gini, etc. MMEX is still the best even it doesn't sync with banks automatically.
gregcap
Senior MMEX User

Post by gregcap »

asiansoundtech wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:13 am As of today, the synchronization option is still missing in the most updated Android app. I am reverting back to previous version as suggested and it is working fine.

Any update on if it is going to be fixed? Tried Toshl, Gini, etc. MMEX is still the best even it doesn't sync with banks automatically.
Hy,
any news about this post and about the post "syncro Dropbox problems?

I have been using MMEX for more than 2 years now and I had chosen it because similar to MS Money 2000, but also because it had an ANDROID version that promised well.
But actually I have NEVER used the ANDROID versions that sometimes I installed, sometime for synchronization problems and others time because they did not open the .mmb file on Dropbox at all.
In the end and for a long time I've been used only the WINDOWS client.

Now I can't understand if everything is still stopped at this post dated 2020 or if (maybe !!) there are any positive news.

ps:
I currently have my file.mmb (not encrypted) on DROPBOX, I WORK WITHOUT PROBLEMS from Windows with the latest version.

On Android I have tha android app version 2019.02.28.997 (but is it the latest?).

Via android app I can open the file and work with it, I use both the folloing kethod:
- run the app and open my file as "last open file" known to the app,
- setting tha file in Drpbox app and executing the command "open with ... ".

My problem is I don't understand how a catch often occurs between Dropbox's standalone sync and the Android app's SYNCR command.

Indeed:

A - if I do not execute the SYNC command, when I reopen from Windows I DO NOT find the new transactions entered via the Android app (and this seems correct to me, because only the file on the smartphone has been updated and not the remote one on Dropbox);

B - if I run it, I receive a successful update message from the app, but then:
-- my file opened by WINDOWS as "last opened" does NOT contain my last updates;
-- the system creates a file "myfile(username's.conflicted copy).mmb" and THIS FILE CONTAINS UPDATES (?? !!)

- Then I MUST perform two renames, first of the file.mmb in "fileold.mmb" and then of the above file "conflicted" in file.mmb

But then the SYNC command of the android app should be used or not?
maybe the command must to be used only when allocating the myfile.mmb on others clouds as Google Drive or One Drive?

Finally, I remember correctly or not that during the installation phase you had to set the link to the remote file on Dropbox?

I don't know anymore and I can't find the parameter of the android app that I have iposted, maybe you choose it only during the installation phase from apk and then I have to re-install?

Thank you
guanlisheng
MMEX Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

2 cents

Current database synchronization is on database file level, while ideally it should be in transaction level.

This means conflicts might result in dat loss. Hence some simple while rough conflict detection is built. If any conflict, android will not push the entire file.

the underlying data sync is relying on cloud services like Dropbox or oneDrive, it is one file level as well.

This might explain current strategy a bit
Lisheng Guan,
Developer of MoneyManagerEX (http://moneymanagerex.org)