Google Drive won't automatically Sync

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

jjbova
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Google Drive won't automatically Sync

Post by jjbova »

MMex Version 2019.02.14.994-Release (Android)
Android 8.0.0

I recently updated my Android App, and I noticed the Synchronization settings have changed. I do understand that it is designed to be more Streamlined, however, my active database won't Sync automatically any more. I have to force it to Sync in the app. This has caused issues as I have twice overwritten Transactions, by making changes on my phone, then making changes on my computer, and not realizing the Database didn't update from my phone. Since I know now, I have been forcing a Sync from the app after every change I make, but this doesn't seem helpful as I liked the being able to enter Transactions from the widget, and them Sync automatically. Now I have to enter them, then open the app, Sync the Database, and then check it on my computer.

I just wanted to make sure this was by design, or if there were a way to force an auto sync with the local database file in my Google drive on my phone.

Thanks
aranyg
New MMEX User

Re: Google Drive won't automatically Sync

Post by aranyg »

We have the same problem, this issue makes the app currently unusable for families...
manuher
New MMEX User

Re: Google Drive won't automatically Sync

Post by manuher »

Yes, same pb.
I found the solution : just download OnedriveSync from Google Play.
Choose the both directories (on the phone and on one drive).
And it works !
It is free for one directory
It's supposed to work with Google Drive.