MMEX4Android 5.1 and above upon SAF

Moderator: Renato

leodali83
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

MMEX crashes while syncing

Post by leodali83 »

Hello everybody,
I'm facing an issue with MoneyManager EX during synchronization with Google Drive.

Every time I try to sync the mobile app with the the remote database, it crashes without any visible error. I'm using Oxygen OS 9.0.6, while versione of mobile app is 2019.02.19.995.

What can be the problem with syncing?

Thanks for your help :)

Leonardo
fabdon
New MMEX User

Re: MMEX crashes while syncing

Post by fabdon »

Hi Leonardo,
I'm facing the same issue. In these days I came back to MMEX (Android + Linux) and I fought a little bit with the sync issue.
I've found a work-around for it:
- Open Android app
- tap on Menu --> Open Database
- select Other, navigate to mmb file in Google Drive and select it
- modify what you need
- tap on Menu --> Synchronize
In this way I can sync on Gdrive and access it with my MMEX linux installation.

Hope this helps!

In any case, is the project still alive?

Bye,
Fabio
leodali83 wrote:Hello everybody,
I'm facing an issue with MoneyManager EX during synchronization with Google Drive.

Every time I try to sync the mobile app with the the remote database, it crashes without any visible error. I'm using Oxygen OS 9.0.6, while versione of mobile app is 2019.02.19.995.

What can be the problem with syncing?

Thanks for your help :)

Leonardo
Benvan45
Senior MMEX User

Post by Benvan45 »

Hello,

Just new here and I have been trying for years to get this great Money Manager Ex to work with Android and Dropbox to sync with my Mac desktop version. No luck, till a few days ago. I first installed the Desktop for Mac, latest build and created a folder in Dropbox, named Money Manager. I saved the data file, named Untitled.mmb in this folder. Configured the whole thing for my Mac and was running great. Then I donwloaded the Android version, named: ammx-release-2016.11.01.944.apk. I installed it on my Android phone and pointed at the Dropbox data file, named: Untitled.mmb, which I installed with my Mac. Then I shut down the Android App and removed the file, created by the Android App and was placed automatically in: Myfiles/SD-card/android/data/com.money.manager.ex. This files could be installed in a different folder, dependin on how your phone is configured. I started the app and configured the whole thing and ofcourse synchronisation with Dropbox. And yes, it worked!!!!! But before shouting it out, ofcourse I tried all possible alterations and adding and deleting payments, accounts etc. It kept on syncing. I have been using it all week now and it just works great. It amazes me completely, as I never got it working this way before. I don't know why it works now, but I think myself, it's because of downloading and installing the 2016 version Android app. I have tried different builds so many times, but no luck!!!! Again, I hope this will help a lot of members, as there are so many complaints about synchronisation. Good luck and nice to be a member of this forum.
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

Good to know, thanks for the info.
coronalover
New MMEX User

Post by coronalover »

Benvan45 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:06 pm Hello,

Just new here and I have been trying for years to get this great Money Manager Ex to work with Android and Dropbox to sync with my Mac desktop version. No luck, till a few days ago. I first installed the Desktop for Mac, latest build and created a folder in Dropbox, named Money Manager. I saved the data file, named Untitled.mmb in this folder. Configured the whole thing for my Mac and was running great. Then I donwloaded the Android version, named: ammx-release-2016.11.01.944.apk. I installed it on my Android phone and pointed at the Dropbox data file, named: Untitled.mmb, which I installed with my Mac. Then I shut down the Android App and removed the file, created by the Android App and was placed automatically in: Myfiles/SD-card/android/data/com.money.manager.ex. This files could be installed in a different folder, dependin on how your phone is configured. I started the app and configured the whole thing and ofcourse synchronisation with Dropbox. And yes, it worked!!!!! But before shouting it out, ofcourse I tried all possible alterations and adding and deleting payments, accounts etc. It kept on syncing. I have been using it all week now and it just works great. It amazes me completely, as I never got it working this way before. I don't know why it works now, but I think myself, it's because of downloading and installing the 2016 version Android app. I have tried different builds so many times, but no luck!!!! Again, I hope this will help a lot of members, as there are so many complaints about synchronisation. Good luck and nice to be a member of this forum.
Sounds good. But I guess Dropbox isn't very stable, how it works?
Benvan45
Senior MMEX User

Post by Benvan45 »

Dropbox is very stable here and it really works 100% now, synchronising my Mac and my Android phone and also installed the Windows version on my laptop. And very fast, so I'm very happy with this configuration.
sweetjustice60
New MMEX User

Post by sweetjustice60 »

I just started using this tool. So far I like it. However, I purchased the Android app looking for a way to sync my mobile app with my desktop, and I find no instructions on how to do so. The post about opening the Database sounds easy enough, but I cannot find where I Open Database from the mobile app. I am using Drive to keep my files. Can someone please provide clear instructions on how I can sync the two? I would like to sync both ways, Desktop to Mobile, and Mobile to Desktop.

I really want to use this program, but not if I don't have Mobile access. I'm already using AceMoney and was looking for a program that had Mobile integration.

Thanks
Benvan45
Senior MMEX User

Post by Benvan45 »

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/andro ... .11.01.944
Here's the Android version I use. I don't understand that you paid for this app, as it's completely free. And if you follow my story, it syncs both ways! Are you using Google Drive? I have not tried that, as Dropbox works great for me for many years alreadey. But I guess, that following my story and configuring this with Goofle Drive, should have the same result.
I hope this will help you!
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

sweetjustice60 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:03 pm ... I purchased the Android app ...
This is an opensource project www.moneymanagerex.com and it should be free. Whoever you paid should give back.