SKIPPING a 'Non-Repeating" Recurring Transaction Deletes It

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Daddy Peacebucks
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

SKIPPING a 'Non-Repeating" Recurring Transaction Deletes It

Post by Daddy Peacebucks »

I have a series of monthly recurring transactions that I temporarily stopped needing to use. In order to keep the information saved for possible future use, I changed their repeats to "None" and changed the due date to a year away (January 2021). Today I saw those entries near the bottom of my Recurring Transactions list and realized I was still not going to be needing to enter those transactions for awhile. While looking at the Recurring Transactions list, I had thought that I had actually set their repeats to "Annually", so I clicked the "Skip" button on one of them, thinking it would move the due date to January 2022. Instead, that transaction was deleted from the list, without any type of confirmation request to make sure I actually wanted to delete it. Then I looked at the other transactions in this series and realized that the repeats had actually been set to "None".

I would consider this deletion without warning to be a bug (especially since explicitly requesting to DELETE a recurring transaction requires a confirmation).
MMEX v1.6.2 [portable 64-bit]
(certified vegan and now with EXTRA gluten!)