v1.5.3 - Undefined Locale prevents saving transaction amounts greater than 999

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Loobzer
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

v1.5.3 - Undefined Locale prevents saving transaction amounts greater than 999

Post by Loobzer »

Hi,

Last night I upgraded to version 1.5.3 x64 on Win10. My accounts are all set to USD by default. I have never changed currencies or locales. Today when I
entered a transaction for $2049, I found that when I tabbed out of the Amount field (or clicked OK to save), $2,049 converted to $2. I played around with this for a while and found that any amount greater than $999 gets truncated and converted to the first digit only. So entering $1234 for the amount converts to $1. Entering 3333 converts to $3. Entering $5555 converts to $5. Etc. I was unable to save my transaction with the correct amount as a result.

I started looking at recent changes in the change log and thought this probably has something to do with the recent locale/currency changes. I looked at my locale in Options and saw that it was undefined (because I have never used it).

1.JPG

So after reading a couple other recent locale issues here in the forum, I tried setting my locale to en_US in Options.

2.JPG

Once I saved this option change and restarted, I am now able to save transaction amounts greater than $999. That worked for me, but I thought I should post this just as an FYI for the devs to look at, and in case anyone runs into this issue.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oogyboogydad
New User

Re: v1.5.3 - Undefined Locale prevents saving transaction amounts greater than 999

Post by oogyboogydad »

Hi Loobzer

I noticed the problem this morning and I confirm your fix works. :D

Cheers

Nick
whall3y
Developer

Re: v1.5.3 - Undefined Locale prevents saving transaction amounts greater than 999

Post by whall3y »

Thanks for the report. Have raised an issue here: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/3626
whall3y
Developer

Post by whall3y »

We can't seem to reproduce this issue. Can you please supply the contents of the currency dialog for USD also.
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

I've implemented fix.
Could you try upgrade:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/moneyma ... /artifacts
Loobzer
New User

Post by Loobzer »

Thanks Nikolay. This build fixed the issue.

To test: First on the old 1.5.3 build I reset the default locale in Options to undefined/blank and closed the application. Restarted and confirmed that I am still not able to save transaction amounts greater than 999. Then I installed your new 1.5.4 build and retested. Transaction amounts over $999 save correctly now under 1.5.4.

Cheers!