v1.5.3 - Undefined Locale prevents saving transaction amounts greater than 999

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Loobzer
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

v1.5.3 - Undefined Locale prevents saving transaction amounts greater than 999

Post by Loobzer »

Hi,

Last night I upgraded to version 1.5.3 x64 on Win10. My accounts are all set to USD by default. I have never changed currencies or locales. Today when I
entered a transaction for $2049, I found that when I tabbed out of the Amount field (or clicked OK to save), $2,049 converted to $2. I played around with this for a while and found that any amount greater than $999 gets truncated and converted to the first digit only. So entering $1234 for the amount converts to $1. Entering 3333 converts to $3. Entering $5555 converts to $5. Etc. I was unable to save my transaction with the correct amount as a result.

I started looking at recent changes in the change log and thought this probably has something to do with the recent locale/currency changes. I looked at my locale in Options and saw that it was undefined (because I have never used it).

1.JPG
1.JPG (18.1 KiB) Viewed 3262 times

So after reading a couple other recent locale issues here in the forum, I tried setting my locale to en_US in Options.

2.JPG
2.JPG (21.1 KiB) Viewed 3262 times

Once I saved this option change and restarted, I am now able to save transaction amounts greater than $999. That worked for me, but I thought I should post this just as an FYI for the devs to look at, and in case anyone runs into this issue.

Thanks.
oogyboogydad
New MMEX User

Re: v1.5.3 - Undefined Locale prevents saving transaction amounts greater than 999

Post by oogyboogydad »

Hi Loobzer

I noticed the problem this morning and I confirm your fix works. :D

Cheers

Nick
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Re: v1.5.3 - Undefined Locale prevents saving transaction amounts greater than 999

Post by whall3y »

Thanks for the report. Have raised an issue here: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/3626
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

We can't seem to reproduce this issue. Can you please supply the contents of the currency dialog for USD also.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

I've implemented fix.
Could you try upgrade:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/moneyma ... /artifacts
Loobzer
New MMEX User

Post by Loobzer »

Thanks Nikolay. This build fixed the issue.

To test: First on the old 1.5.3 build I reset the default locale in Options to undefined/blank and closed the application. Restarted and confirmed that I am still not able to save transaction amounts greater than 999. Then I installed your new 1.5.4 build and retested. Transaction amounts over $999 save correctly now under 1.5.4.

Cheers!