Navigation Tree

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Ronster
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Navigation Tree

Post by Ronster »

whall3y wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:26 pm
Ronster wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:14 pm The checkmark appeared and re-appreared when clickking; but the pane never came up. I check bot the left and right side of the main window as suggested also in this thread and it was not there to slide.
Does the enable/disable navigation pane work now you have re-installed? If you want to risk disabling again of course :D
LOL I'try to remember to try it tomorrow. About to shut down for the day.
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Ronster wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:14 pm The checkmark appeared and re-appreared when clickking; but the pane never came up.
Yes it did - but you didn't notice it.

Take a look at the two full-screen screenshots attached.

One has View | Navigation unticked, so the Navigation pane is not displayed.

The other has View | Navigation ticked, so the Navigation pane is displayed.

Can you see it? Look very carefully!
Attachments
Nav not displayed.png
Nav not displayed.png (308.81 KiB) Viewed 9332 times
Nav displayed
Nav displayed
Nav displayed.png (309.23 KiB) Viewed 9332 times
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Did you see the Navigation pane window in the post above?

Look very carefully at the bottom of the screen.

See that little grey line? It's the top of the Nav window! I had to auto-hide the taskbar to find it.

In the screenshot attached to this message, I've dragged the Nav window upwards a little.

Without realising @Ronster, you accidentally dragged the title bar of the Nav pane and undocked it from the MMEX main window. You dragged it (almost) off the screen, probably like I did underneath the task bar. But I'd guess that you don't auto-hide your taskbar, so couldn't see it.

There is no bug. The wxWidgets docking framework is behaving as intended. It's just unfortunate that you hid the Nav window beneath the taskbar.
Attachments
Peek a boo.png
Peek a boo.png (295.95 KiB) Viewed 9332 times
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

Good spot Martin! I actually forgot that we could dock/undock the toolbar and navigation panels!!
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

I am missing a reset option for the views ;)
But thanks for pointing out that you can also move the navigation to another screen.
That gives a whole new set of display options, for example accounting on a portrait screen and navigation on the left on the 4K screen. :arrow: :idea:
Renato Forum Administrator
mikhailo2608ilaol
New MMEX User

Post by mikhailo2608ilaol »

I have encountered the same problem of detaching the Navigation Tree window and moving my Navigation Tree off the screen and cannot recover it. I am running 1.5.3 64 bit on Windows 10 with only one monitor. I tried to recover the Navigation Tree by uninstalling MMEX, manually deleting all the MMEX registry keys by searching the registry for the string "mmex" and manually deleting all the keys found by the search, restarting the PC and reinstalling 1.5.3 64 bit but the Navigation Tree is still gone and attempts to toggle it on via the View menu do not seem to do anything. The loss of the Navigation Tree means I cannot get to the built-in reports via the Reports node on the Navigation Tree and I do not see any other way to access them. I can live without the Navigation Tree but need some way to access the built-in reports. Any suggestions ?
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

You can solve the problem, for this you need to delete mmexini.db3, it contains the settings but no data.
I have already written: I am missing a reset option for the views ;)
Renato Forum Administrator
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

Renato wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:21 pm I have already written: I am missing a reset option for the views ;)
Hint noted. Raised a request on Github and will see what we can do. :)

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/3681
tycariadus
New MMEX User

Post by tycariadus »

What is the reset option for the Navigation bar having disappeared to another screen to bring it back to the main one, as I use MMEX on a laptop when travelling and 3 monitors at home, and both have different views now? Thanks!
tycariadus
New MMEX User

Re: View: Navigation

Post by tycariadus »

I believe I have asked about this before but not sure I got a response from anyone in the community?

Somehow I have detached "View/Navigation" from the main screen meaning i just have the account list with the light blue font (which btw is impossible to read) and because it is difficult to read makes the whole experience really difficult especially on a single laptop screen when travelling.

Please can someone explain how to bring back Navigation into the main screen and not appear as another window (which I don't have on the laptop / surface pro)?

Many thanks

Simon