Split grayed out in transfer

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

alpalmer
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Split grayed out in transfer

Post by alpalmer »

I have a home equity loan. I make a payment to it each month from my checking account. I want part of the payment to reduce the principal and part to pay the interest for the month. I set up a new transaction, check Transfer, enter the checking account and enter the equity account but the split box is grayed out. I managed to to it once when the category box said "categories." Every other time the categories box has Transfer in it. How can I do what I want to do?
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Re: Split grayed out in transfer

Post by whall3y »

Unfortunately, splitting the categories for transfers is not currently supported.

There is an existing feature request for this: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/2873
alpalmer
New MMEX User

Post by alpalmer »

That's interesting. I was able to do it once but never again.
alpalmer
New MMEX User

Post by alpalmer »

I would think that this would be a valuable feature for anyone tracking a mortgage payment where you pay principal, interest and perhaps a tax escrow amount each month.
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

I would suggest transferring full mortgage payment funds from current account to mortgage account and then setting up a withdrawl from the mortgage account for the interest payment to the bank. You can setup recurring payments for both.
tuliolazarini
New MMEX User

Post by tuliolazarini »

Hello everyone,
First of all, I've started using MMEX a few days ago and it's BRILLIANT, well done you all! ;)
I came across this post when I was looking for a way to include a record regarding my monthly payroll. I'm Brazilian and I have three transfers happening every month: two for a employer-pension scheme, and a third one to FGTS (a fund where the employers sends money on behalf of employee). GnuCasg supports it just fine, and I just learnt MMEX is still unable to specify which accounts should receive the transfers during split - the transaction accepts 'transfer' as category, however I'm afraid the money goes nowhere (please see attachment).
Any plans to have this sorted out? Thank you, in advance.
Attachments
splits.png
splits.png (46.46 KiB) Viewed 1361 times