Installation on windows and uploading csv files!

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

rosst
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Installation on windows and uploading csv files!

Post by rosst »

Hi!

I have recently downloaded your software but have been having some problems and questions with regard to this as follows:-

1.) Does the folder with the program software need to be on your computer or can it be placed on your hard drive along with your account information?  The reason I ask is that I have tried to place both the program files and the account information on the same drive and when I come to create a new account for the first time it just gives an error message "the disk is write protected".  I have tried 2 completely different disk drives and both have displayed the same error message. please note that I can save and transfer documents etc normally outside of using money manager ex so don't believe the problem lies with the drives.  I then tried putting the program files onto my computer in my documents and was then able to use the program save documents and create bank accounts etc.  

2.) My secound question is with regard to uploading my bank information via a CSV file I have downloaded from my bank.  I selected the bank account that I had successfully created and then went to import the selected CSV documents and organized the order of the account information headers as well as the date order etc.  Once I had finished I then went to import the information. A screen came up with a lot of information which I think was related to where the document would be saved so I submitted the information assuming that the fields on the screen would then fill but the screen was blank. 

I am completely new to this software and have read all the way through the help documents and have had a look through the forum but can't find anything relating to my issue.  Do you know what could be causing these issues and how I may be able to fix them?

Thanks in advance!

Ross 
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Installation on windows and uploading csv files!

Post by Nikolay »

Dear Susan,

1. Seems you mean Portable usage of mmex. See more info in help file.

2. Please provide one line of the csv file then I'll show how to import it.
rosst
New MMEX User

Post by rosst »

Hi!

Thankyou for your quick reply.  I will take a look at the help section.  Here is a line from my CSV file:

Many Thanks!

Ross
rosst
New MMEX User

Post by rosst »

Hi!

I tried to copy the csv line into the message but that did not work so I have provided an attachment which is linked to this post. I have removed all sensitive data and replaced them with generic numbers but the line is still in exactly the same format.

Many Thanks!

Ross
Attachments
csv account line 1.xlsx
(8.25 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Hi Susan,

It importan to understand for me. The file you have provided is Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. What kind of file the bank is providing?
.csv or .xls (like attached one)?
rosst
New MMEX User

Post by rosst »

Hi!

Sorry! I uploaded the file in the wrong format I have attached another file in the csv format below.

Many Thanks!

Ross
Attachments
first line of .csv file.csv
(171 Bytes) Downloaded 415 times
rosst
New MMEX User

Post by rosst »

Hi 

Just to make it clear! The file downloaded from my bank was a .csv file.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ross
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Dear Rose,

This is a sample how to import file you have provided:
screenshot.34.jpg
(182.13 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
stevepaul1982
New MMEX User

Post by stevepaul1982 »

Not sure if i am having the same problem re CSV files - or if i have done something wrong.

I've gone through the CSV file import process - and it gives me a pop up to say 612 lines have been added - But nothing appears in the Account View.
rosst
New MMEX User

Post by rosst »

Hi Steve!

Yes! this is exactly the same problem as I am getting! I have tried all the suggested actions above as well as searching through the help section and uploading the file in QIF format and got the same issue with both of them.  I am unsure what to do about it so I unfortunately cannot give any advice as to how to get around the issue.  Support is very good here and you normally receive a response within 24 hours.  I will be keeping an eye the forum to see if there is someway to resolve the issue.

Ross