Importing from MS Money - currency format problem

Page 1 of 1
3 posts
Importing from MS Money - currency format problem

summitmcl
New MMEX User

Hi, I've imported my data from MS Money and everything appeared to be going well - it didn't import the recurring transactions, but that didn't take too long to add manually. I also noted that the opening balance was incorrect, but managed to fudge that. However, I suspect there was more wrong with the opening balance than I initially realised.

I wanted to create a daily cash flow graph similar to that in MS Money, so cut and pasted this data into Excel, but could not produce a graph. Eventually I realised that the balance data was in an invalid format with a space after the thousands - 1 234.56 instead of 1,234.56 or 1234.56. I can now see that the balance data imported with the gap. What can I do to correct this?
Thanks
Terry
Re: Importing from MS Money - currency format problem

summitmcl
New MMEX User

In the absence of any reply I went on puzzling about this problem myself and found a solution. I hope this may be useful to someone else.

In the currency dialog box I selected UK Pound and then Edit. The currency manager opened and I could see the "," I had selected for the grouping character - a cumbersome way of saying ,000s. I found that the standard "," actually had a space in front of it, so I removed it. Problem solved.
Re: Importing from MS Money - currency format problem

fiwigi
New MMEX User

A money exchanger is produced for the orders of the court for the commission of the crime. All the challenges and edubirdie.net are faced for the successive moves and all items for the people. It is stationed for the ideal paths for the persons. The utility is opted for the selection for the humans.
Page 1 of 1