Sorting Columns

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

paulius55
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Sorting Columns

Post by paulius55 »

I want my accounts to be sorted on date order with the newest entries at the bottom. I can change this by clicking the column header but it keeps changing back to new transactions at the top. Is there any way to get my choice to stick?
HCJohn
New MMEX User

Re: Sorting Columns

Post by HCJohn »

I've used this software for a couple of years, and this only recently started happening.
I believe I picked-up this functionality when I upgraded to version 1.3.3 - prior to this I always had newest at the bottom, and it didn't re-order to newest at the top every time I added/edited a transaction (or ever, for that matter).
HCJohn
New MMEX User

Re: Sorting Columns

Post by HCJohn »

Update: (Looking at the source, there a was a fix for sorting about 6 months ago, which probably ties in with the bug appearing in 1.3.3)

I *think* I've stopped this behaviour by selecting the ordering I want (for some reason, when the order is newest first, you have to click twice on the date column heading to re-order to newest last; then right-clicking on a column heading (no matter which one) and selecting 'Reset Columns'.