I can't connect to old database

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Phototaker
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

I can't connect to old database

Post by Phototaker »

I have been using MMEX on my Windows 10 PC. I have also kept the latest MMB file on Dropbox so I can see it on my tablet if I wish. I have accessed the files with success.

Now I have had problems with my PC & your program ceased to work because it could not find the mmb file. So I copied the latest MMB from Dropbox to PC & tried to open it as an existing account but its trying to force me to create a new database. If I point the PC to the location of the MMB file they don't connect & all I get is the request to set up new files & is asking for details like what currency to use.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Re: I can't connect to old database

Post by Phototaker »

I finally got the database to open but can't get the program to accept any new data that I try to to enter.

Should I try to do something like cloning or naming the current database?

Any other ideas would be welcome.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

I suggest to upgrade to last nightly build
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/slodki/moneymanagerex
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

That page appears to be a page for programmers & as such requires them to log in. with a password.
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

I have since tried downloading the portable version of this program & then tried to open an MMB file & got the same response.

I can open the MMB file but I can't get program to accept any data changes or additions. It may be some Windows thing & if so t's a window that's stuck & doesn't want to open.
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

I deleted the program then ran Ccleaner on registry, rebooted & reinstalled program. Result no Change . Maybe something is wrong with MMB file?
ianwnicholson
New MMEX User

Post by ianwnicholson »

Similar problem to Phototaker's initial issue. On Windows 10, using MMEX v1.3.1 successfully this morning (as have been since this OS first deployed). Later in day when tried to open got 'Opening MMEX db Error - An incorrect password given for an encrypted file - or - Attempt to open a file that is not a db file'. 'Open Last Opened DB' button greyed out. Unable to open existing db manually. Get same error message. Tried to run MMEX in Windows 8 compatibility mode. No joy - same error.
Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

Where can I download version 1.27? It seems others can't run the program with windows 10.

The Portable version might even be better & 32 bit.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Phototaker
Senior MMEX User

Post by Phototaker »

I can still open the program at any time but when I do the program wont update & all figures remain unchanged. I even tried creating a new data base but keep running into problems.