Very slow and CPU at 50% after latest window creator update?

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

cavoinne
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Very slow and CPU at 50% after latest window creator update?

Post by cavoinne »

Hi,

I am experiencing performance issues for the last couple weeks. It takes more than 10sec to start the program. Navigating between accounts or capturing transactions is about the same 10sec lag. It still works but so slow that it is almost unusable.
I suspected something went wrong with my install so I tried to re-install, but same issue. I even tried an older version (1.2.7) and same problem.
I also thought my database could be corrupted so I tried with a new (empty) and the problem is still there.
Note that the issue appeared only after I re-installed the program. The reason I re-installed was because I couldn't update stock price which i didn't know before consulting this board it was a known issue because of Yahoo.
But after that initial re-install I am having these performance issues and now this sticks with any new re-install.
Is this possible Microsoft changed something in their fall creator update that would affect MMEX performance for new installs after the windows update?

Thanks for your help

Regards,
Christophe
cavoinne
New MMEX User

Re: Very slow and CPU at 50% after latest window creator upd

Post by cavoinne »

Wanted to add more details about my issue:
-I disabled sending statistics and usage data, no change still slow
-I suspect my issue is similar to the issue described at this link except that I am not sure what the solution was: https://sourceforge.net/p/moneymanagerex/bugs/917/
-On top of the windows update, another possibility is that MMEX became slow after I re-installed it after install python on my laptop. I wonder if the python install could have had any impact to VS/ C++ on my PC

Please help :-)

Thanks
Christophe
doobynuts
New MMEX User

Post by doobynuts »

I have exactly the same problem. Tried several options but just runs so slow in loading it is now unuseable
doobynuts
New MMEX User

Post by doobynuts »

cavoinne wrote:Hi,

I am experiencing performance issues for the last couple weeks. It takes more than 10sec to start the program. Navigating between accounts or capturing transactions is about the same 10sec lag. It still works but so slow that it is almost unusable.
I suspected something went wrong with my install so I tried to re-install, but same issue. I even tried an older version (1.2.7) and same problem.
I also thought my database could be corrupted so I tried with a new (empty) and the problem is still there.
Note that the issue appeared only after I re-installed the program. The reason I re-installed was because I couldn't update stock price which i didn't know before consulting this board it was a known issue because of Yahoo.
But after that initial re-install I am having these performance issues and now this sticks with any new re-install.
Is this possible Microsoft changed something in their fall creator update that would affect MMEX performance for new installs after the windows update?

Thanks for your help

Regards,
Christophe
RalphHulickArt
New MMEX User

Post by RalphHulickArt »

I used to have this problem. My computer would turn into a slug whenever I activated this program. I found that if my internet was not connected it would be sluggish, but when I started it with an internet connection it ran fine. I am not sure why it would be designed this way, but this is the workaround that I found. Maybe it will work for you.
Ayjayh
New MMEX User

Post by Ayjayh »

I am running MMEX on Windows 10 laptop, latest updates.
The program has slowed to a crawl over the last few weeks. Now a very painful experience to use.
At first I thought it might be a problem with dropbox trying to keep up with the changes but have now set up a non-syncing database on the hard drive and it is still crawling.
All other programs including video editing, desktop publishing, Onenote etc works as normal.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
cavoinne
New MMEX User

Post by cavoinne »

At least I am not the only one to have this issue but it seems we're not getting help...
Ayjayh
New MMEX User

Post by Ayjayh »

I solved this by uninstalling the Windows version and installing the Portable version.
It really flies now.
Anyone else tried this?
cavoinne
New MMEX User

Post by cavoinne »

Thanks Ayjayh!! Portable version also works for me !