Font sizing

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

alas
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Font sizing

Post by alas »

Changing the HTML sizing works fine for the home page but I want to increase the font size on my account pages without changing the PC screen resolution. Is there anyway this can be done please?
Daddy Peacebucks
Senior MMEX User

Re: Font sizing

Post by Daddy Peacebucks »

I have a similar problem - I recently bought a new monitor with a much higher resolution, and now many MMEX screens are really hard to see. If you're running Windows, one free workaround you may want to try is the freeware program Dexpot: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dexpot.html

Dexpot allows you to create multiple virtual desktops, each with its own resolution. One really nice feature is that you can associate a desktop with specific programs, so that when any of those programs are launched, you automatically go to that desktop with its lower resolution (but with that application's screens displaying much larger text and images). It's not as good as MMEX giving you the ability to change the font size in all screens, but it's a functional "fix".

Hopefully MMEX will address this issue directly in future releases, especially since high-resolution monitors have dropped significantly in price, more and more people are going to want to be able to easily see their MMEX data on their newer monitors!
MMEX v1.6.2 [portable 64-bit]
(certified vegan and now with EXTRA gluten!)
RobertMertz
New MMEX User

Re: Font sizing

Post by RobertMertz »

Daddy Peacebucks wrote:I have a similar problem - I recently bought a new monitor with a much higher resolution, and now many MMEX screens are really hard to see. If you're running Windows, one free workaround you may want to try is the freeware program Dexpot: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dexpot.html

Dexpot allows you to create multiple virtual desktops, each with its own resolution. One really nice feature is that you can associate a desktop with specific programs, so that when any of those programs are launched, you automatically go to that desktop with its lower resolution (but with that application's screens displaying much larger text and images). It's not as good as MMEX giving you the ability to change the font size in all screens, but it's a functional "fix".

Hopefully MMEX will address this issue directly in future releases, especially since high-resolution monitors have dropped significantly in price, more and more people are going to want to be able to easily see their MMEX data on their newer monitors!

It works fine for me, TBH i wasn't bothered much by it. But thanks for the fix

cheers