Back up file was lost

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

garen123
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Back up file was lost

Post by garen123 »

I had 2 hard drive's, one in the PC "D" drive & one external "G" Drive, The D failed & I went to delete the G backup folder on the Desktop and part way thru I realized I was probably deleting my G Drive copy of all my files, I don’t keep docs, pictures or anything related to this sort of thing in my C drive, it only has my OSP and programs I have loaded. Some of the files being deleted were to large so Win 7 asked to dump them so I don’t see the File in the recycle bin So that is where I'm at. I had made a backup of my C drive and my "D" drive thru windows into the G drive so I had 2 copies of all files including pictures. So I tried to reload from the G. It did load some of the files from the G drive but some files came back empty.

First I want to try to get the pictures back as many as I can, When it reloaded the pictures it didn’t load them in the files they were in, it just loaded them as individual pictures, so I stopped them. Now I think I have lost that backup copy on the G drive.

One question is when you save to a drive like that doesn’t it load with the files intact & if so why didn’t it load it back that way it was saved. When I was in the G drive and I had 2 copies of what was on the D drive, I had the Win 7 program do a copy of both the C & D drives & one copy of D I did manually. I tried to restore all files from the Win 7 backup. Now I could see all my files including my pictures but could only use select. I couldn’t open to look at the or cut & paste since this was a file Win Backup created., When I restored them the My Pictures file was loaded but it was empty. I did it another way & it started to load the pictures and it was loading them to a desktop folder but individually not in the files I had put them when I had saved them. Now I did connect the D drive and it started up OK & I could see all files I had backed up to the original D drive but It didn’t run very long before I just froze up. Some one at a computer store told me I might try restoring the files. I wouldn’t think the external G drive would let me do that. Would a PC repair shop be able to bet the pictures off the D drive that has failed since it did boot up the other day, its now disconnected.
nickrobin
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Back up file was lost

Post by nickrobin »

The problem may, in fact, be caused by the Windows Update problem. You can do one thing, i,e, update the Windows and then restart the system. You can also check the Windows status. If it is not satisfactory, then reset the Windows following the steps given on Windows update error code 8007000e and get a better service from the system.