Cannot open money manager database anymore

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

claytonpereira20
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Cannot open money manager database anymore

Post by claytonpereira20 »

thanks for the reply... would you know which path the backup file saves by default so i can check once there as a last resort..Just confirmed and my backup was set on so unsure why i dont have the _update file then :cry:
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

install https://www.voidtools.com/ and search with ".mmb"
Renato Forum Administrator
claytonpereira20
New MMEX User

thanks once again for your help. this pulled up the same db that i attached earlier... Is there anyway i could get the data extracted from this file so i can work on it all over again? (when i put it in a viewer I can see the recepients names and details for payments so i do know some data exists)
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

as I have already written:
If a database is corrupted or you can't remember the password, the only thing that helps is a backup.
If you don't have a backup of your data and you don't use the automatic backup function of MMEX, then probably nobody can help you.
this pulled up the same db that i attached earlier...
How should I understand this, from my point of view there should not only be a .mmb file but also such: "etsa money_3.mmb_update_YYYY-MM-DD.mmb"
(when i put it in a viewer I can see the recepients names and details for payments so i do know some data exists)
what's the name of the used viewer

I have looked at the etsa money_3.mmb with a special editor and doubt if this is a real SQLite database.
Renato Forum Administrator
claytonpereira20
New MMEX User

Heres the link --> https://filext.com/file-extension/MMB
& i select the earlier attached file & the click 'Show all readable texts'
To clarify my backed up file was deleted from my computer in error and i had it restored through a test version software (maybe thats why the incorrect password issue)
Sorry to be a pain !!!