CSV Import Templates

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

dawoodp
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

CSV Import Templates

Post by dawoodp »

I've moved to a new PC. It will be a real pain to have to configure all the statement imports again. Any ideas as to where those templates are save so I may move them from old PC to new PC? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
mikhailo2608il
Senior MMEX User

Re: CSV Import Templates

Post by mikhailo2608il »

I keep the MoneyManagerEX database file (mmb suffixed) in Dropbox where I can access it via MMEX from my two Windows 10 desktops and my Kindle Fire HD 8 tablet. I suggest that you do something similar putting the mmb file you used on your old PC into Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive, or whatever cloud storage platform that you desire and using it from there on your new PC. This has the advantage that you can potentially access MMEX on multiple devices.

The template definitions you want exist inside the mmb database but there is no easy way for you to export them out of the database and import them into a new database. Certain other entities (not CSV templates though) of MMEX exist in the AppData folder though normally only for a brief time. You can can sometimes (opportunistically) find them in the Local, LocalLow, and Roaming subfolders under AppData but it gets tricky because sometimes the MMEX info is in the Temp folder inside these subfolders and sometimes the info is in the MoneyManagerEX folder within these subfolders.
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

dawoodp wrote:I've moved to a new PC. It will be a real pain to have to configure all the statement imports again. Any ideas as to where those templates are save so I may move them from old PC to new PC? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
If you've moved to a new PC you just need to find the .mmb files on the old PC and copy them over - it'll have all the old data including the import configurations.
dawoodp
New MMEX User

Post by dawoodp »

Thanks to those who replied.

My MMB file is in the cloud so this was simple to migrate.

My issue are the multiple templates for importing different CSV statements. Does not appear to be part of the MMB. I had to re-config them manually. Oh well...

Thanks again
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

dawoodp wrote:Thanks to those who replied.

My MMB file is in the cloud so this was simple to migrate.

My issue are the multiple templates for importing different CSV statements. Does not appear to be part of the MMB. I had to re-config them manually. Oh well...

Thanks again
OK, did a little digging as I'd assumed it's "in MMEX" - the imports are actually stored in a sqlite DB files called mmexini.db3 - this is in the bin directory of MMX. As you've migrated you've probably lost this file, but if you have an old backup then maybe you can recover it.
dawoodp
New MMEX User

Post by dawoodp »

Thanks!!!

I found it in [C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MoneyManagerEx]
coronalover
New MMEX User

Post by coronalover »

mikhailo2608il wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:16 pm I keep the MoneyManagerEX database file (mmb suffixed) in Dropbox where I can access it via MMEX from my two Windows 10 desktops and my Kindle Fire HD 8 tablet. I suggest that you do something similar putting the mmb file you used on your old PC into Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive, or whatever cloud storage platform that you desire and using it from there on your new PC. This has the advantage that you can potentially access MMEX on multiple devices.

The template definitions you want exist inside the mmb database but there is no easy way for you to export them out of the database and import them into a new database. Certain other entities (not CSV templates though) of MMEX https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/ for a students essay exist in the AppData folder though normally only for a brief time. You can can sometimes (opportunistically) find them in the Local, LocalLow, and Roaming subfolders under AppData but it gets tricky because sometimes the MMEX info is in the Temp folder inside these subfolders and sometimes the info is in the MoneyManagerEX folder within these subfolders.
But you can manage exact folder where you data should be stored.