Unable to set time period in reports

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Davide
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Unable to set time period in reports

Post by Davide »

Hello everyone, I'm writing from Italy, forgive my bad English, I use google traslator: o)
come.jpg
come.jpg (692 Bytes) Viewed 8162 times
In the reports it is not possible to indicate a period of dates, from date to date, other than those proposed in the system, I wanted to know how you can enter a time period example: 01/01/2020 - 31/01/2020 thanks to all .
siowena
Super MMEX User

Re: Unable to set time period in reports

Post by siowena »

I'm assuming you are using v1.3.3

It's not possible in v1.3.3

It was to be a feature in v1.4.x which is still in development

I'm not sure if they've put that feature into v1.3.4 release that is now availabe.
mikhailo2608il
Senior MMEX User

Post by mikhailo2608il »

I cannot see the feature in the 1.3.4 beta release I downloaded on 09MAR2020 and am currently using. However in the HELP notes for the General Report Manager in the 1.3.4 beta I see the sentence below which says that the feature is going to be in the 1.4 release.

For MMEX version 1.4.0 there is a possibility to transfer dates into a report's SQL script.There are six options available: &single_date, &begin_date, &end_date, &budget_years, &fin_year_day, &fin_year_month. In case if a SQL contains one of the parameter above it will be replaced with a date from a calendar widget or a value from the MMEX settings.
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

Hi, that is for General Report Writer for when writing your own reports in v1.4.x

This is one of the standard reports from v1.4.x - hopefully the developers will finish it off soon or pull the functionality into v1.3.4+
This is one of the standard reports from v1.4.x - hopefully the developers will finish it off soon or pull the functionality into v1.3.4+
ReportParams.png (1.43 KiB) Viewed 8148 times
Davide
New MMEX User

Post by Davide »

Davide
New MMEX User

Post by Davide »

Tanker5455
New MMEX User

Post by Tanker5455 »

Thanks, that works! I was simulating a return on investment plan for some real estate in Cannes for my boss, and I had issues with the time periods as well...
Last edited by Tanker5455 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

In v1.3.4 it would be possible as well.
siowena
Super MMEX User

Post by siowena »

Hi Nikolay

Are you saying the parameters can be put into 1.3.4 custom reports as per 1.4.x ?

Is there a full list of the parameters?
mikhailo2608il
Senior MMEX User

Post by mikhailo2608il »

I downloaded MMEX v1.3.4.rc.3 earlier today. I discovered that you can now set the time period in a number of custom reports. There is a new option called "Custom" listed after the "Last 365 Days" selection and once you select "Custom" the two date fields containing calendar widgets which were previously grayed out are no longer grayed out and allow you to set the time period to anything you like. This capability to specify "Custom" is added to all the custom reports (Categories, Payees, Income vs Expenses). This is a welcome addition which makes these custom reports twice as useful as they were before, Thanks to the MMEX developers for this fine addition to the product.