invalid value blocks program

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Hannies
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

invalid value blocks program

Post by Hannies »

I pasted a value in the amount field which had 2 points in it instead of a comma so 1.234.56 instead of 1234,56 and this blocks the complete program. When I try to click in the "new transaction" screen I get en error bubble "Invalid Value 1:malformed number near" followed by the ammount, but I can't change anything and I can't close the program either.
I'm using mmex 1.35 btw, I suppose this is a bug?
Thanks for the great software btw!

Hannes
dbolton
Super MMEX User

Re: invalid value blocks program

Post by dbolton »

If you are willing to investigate this issue yourself, it might be worth downloading https://sqlitebrowser.org/ and opening your Money Manager Ex database using the sqlite browser (or the cypher version if the data is password protected). Switch to the Browse Data tab, choose the CHECKINGACCOUNT table and find the faulty amount.

Really Money Manager shouldn't let you enter an amount with two decimal points. Do you remember the steps that led to this situation (or are you able to recreate them?) This would help developers fix the problem for others. When I tried to recreate the problem, it would let me paste a value with two decimal points, but Money Manager Ex wouldn't let me click OK.
Hannies
New MMEX User

Re: invalid value blocks program

Post by Hannies »

I had to close the MMEX through the task manager and since the new transaction wasn't added to the database, there is no faulty account in it. I copied the ammount from file and pasted them in the ammount field and got the error bubble, which is ok to clarify what's wrong. But this bubble should not prevent you to correct the mistake you made and continue adding a new transaction, so this is a bug, no?