Can't Open Database

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Nikolay
MMEX Developer
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Can't Open Database

Post by Nikolay »

Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Thank you, Renato, for the "defective" mmexini.db3 file. Using this, I am sure I can fix this problem.
Polycarpe
New MMEX User

Post by Polycarpe »

I have the same problem. I cannot open my database on my laptop (windows 8.1). This started after upgrading to version 1.3.5 . But when I take the same database on a USB to my office desktop (windows 7), on which I have installed money manager same version 1.3.5; it opens with no problem. I am able to make changes and save them. When I bring the new database back to my laptop, it does not open. I get a message saying that the database is already opened with an other session of money manager. Strange!!!
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

probably the solution is a bit further down:

This solution was to delete C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MoneyManagerEx\mmexini.db3
Renato Forum Administrator
Eddietheone
Senior MMEX User

Post by Eddietheone »

I too now cannot open any database in 1.3.5 just like detailed in the thread. I have tried to find the pathway listed by Renato but cannot. If anyone can help me get it to open again I will be grateful otherwise I shall have to look for another program that will work. I too have no other program that I have tried to open the files with so why it keeps saying it is open in another program beats me.

Cheers Edward
guanlisheng
MMEX Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

How about pass your database file to MMEX developer to have a deeper look? also it would be appreciated to have some snapshots to illustrate your issues
Lisheng Guan,
Developer of MoneyManagerEX (http://moneymanagerex.org)
Ianola
New MMEX User

Post by Ianola »

Hi all, I have had a problem similar to Strongbow. Sometimes I got a page of a reoccurring transaction even though the data base would not open. I restarted my computer but when the screen went blank the computer hung and would not finish the restart. I had to power off the computer and power it on again to complete the restart. As suggested I down loaded the trial version of REVO Uninstaller Pro and uninstalled the Money Manager EX file, deleted all the files that it said needed deleting and did the suggested restart. All is now well and everything works, fingers crossed.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

After the mmex started the ico should be in the tray.
Press and hold the shift button and right mouse click.
Choose Maximize in the context menu.
Ianola
New MMEX User

Post by Ianola »

Further to my post on Dec 07. Had the same problem again. I am convinced that it happened when I did a manual restart to complete a windows 10 update. Before the restart I closed all open programmes except for MMEX which I forgot to close. After the restart completed the original problem reoccurred. Each time I tried to open a database nothing happened except for the first time that I tried when I got the message saying another instant of MMEX was open, when actually it was not. Again I used Revo uninstaller pro to uninstall and then reinstalled MMEX. All is working ok now.

Perhaps it is time for the developers to take a closer look at this problem.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Ianola wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:28 am Further to my post on Dec 07. Had the same problem again. I am convinced that it happened when I did a manual restart to complete a windows 10 update. Before the restart I closed all open programmes except for MMEX which I forgot to close. After the restart completed the original problem reoccurred. Each time I tried to open a database nothing happened except for the first time that I tried when I got the message saying another instant of MMEX was open, when actually it was not. Again I used Revo uninstaller pro to uninstall and then reinstalled MMEX. All is working ok now.

Perhaps it is time for the developers to take a closer look at this problem.
Could you, please,try the following build:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10303