Syncing

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

zuluglider
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Syncing

Post by zuluglider »

I'm a new user and have just downloaded the app. To save me a whole load of time I would appreciate it if someone could let me know if it's possible to sync my data between my desktop and my laptop. Oh yes, and could you tell me how it's done please. Many thanks if you can help.
siowena
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Syncing

Post by siowena »

zuluglider wrote:I'm a new user and have just downloaded the app. To save me a whole load of time I would appreciate it if someone could let me know if it's possible to sync my data between my desktop and my laptop. Oh yes, and could you tell me how it's done please. Many thanks if you can help.

It's not usually possible, but I've seen posts about people creating their mmx file on dropbox and as long as you don't use it at the same time and allow dropbox to sync the files then it might work OK.

If you update on desktop & laptop before the dropbox sync happens then you'll have issues and dropbox cannot see inside the file to see what's changed