Wizard dialog macOS Big Sur

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

alanpique
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Wizard dialog macOS Big Sur

Post by alanpique »

I am attempting to install the app for the first time but can barely read the dialog box text during set up. The text is white on pale grey and I cannot find a way in Big Sur to solve the problem. Has anyone else had similar problems with this version 11.2? I have moved beyond the attached screenshot but the boxes appear the same throughout. I am using macOS 11.2 on a 2015 13" MacBookPro Intel i5. Would appreciate help in order to get away from Windows!
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 15.06.47.png
Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 15.06.47.png (158.77 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Re: Wizard dialog macOS Big Sur

Post by whall3y »

Don't use v1.4.0..... That release was abandoned.

The lastest MacOS build that works fine on Big Sur is here: https://www.moneymanagerex.org/download

If you want the very latest releases then I publish the latest beta / release-candidates here: https://www.ipx.co.uk/mmex
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

To downgarde you need a script. It may be found here:
https://github.com/moneymanagerex/moneymanagerex/issues
dbolton
Super MMEX User

Post by dbolton »

Out of curiosity, where did you come across the first file you downloaded? Just want to make sure whether we need to fix any page of the Money Manager website.
alanpique
New MMEX User

Post by alanpique »

Apologies for the belated reply, dbolton.
I downloaded the version after buying the latest one offered for sale on the official Jiosoft UK website and, following purchase, was advised by the Help Team that it worked well on their Big Sur machines so my computer must be at fault! There is clearly more work to be done on that version because v. 1.3.6 downloaded correctly.
My current problem appears to be now to properly download and install my old QIF files, but I am persevering with that . . .
I appreciate the help from all on the forum.
alanpique
New MMEX User

Post by alanpique »

whall3y wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:32 pm Don't use v1.4.0..... That release was abandoned.

The lastest MacOS build that works fine on Big Sur is here: https://www.moneymanagerex.org/download

If you want the very latest releases then I publish the latest beta / release-candidates here: https://www.ipx.co.uk/mmex
Many thanks for your fast response to my problem. I did indeed find that v. 1.3.6 installed fine on my MBP - the problem must remain that the version sold to me on the UK website is still unstable. I appreciate your assistance, whall3y, and look forward to a seamless life with mmex!
dbolton
Super MMEX User

Post by dbolton »

I see. It looks like they are reselling the software available for free at moneymanagerex.org. Unfortunately that isn't our website, so we can't change what version they give to people who pay them.
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Post by whall3y »

https://www.moneymanagerex.org hosts the official builds.

Not quite sure what you mean by "looks like they are reselling the software available for free at moneymanagerex.org" - can you clarify.
dbolton
Super MMEX User

Post by dbolton »

whall3y wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 am Not quite sure what you mean by "looks like they are reselling the software available for free at moneymanagerex.org" - can you clarify.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but alanpique reported (above) that they bought their version of moneymanagerex from a "Jiosoft UK website" rather than getting it from the official moneymanagerex.org website.
alanpique
New MMEX User

Post by alanpique »

dbolton wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:09 am
whall3y wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 am Not quite sure what you mean by "looks like they are reselling the software available for free at moneymanagerex.org" - can you clarify.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but alanpique reported (above) that they bought their version of moneymanagerex from a "Jiosoft UK website" rather than getting it from the official moneymanagerex.org website.
That is correct. I heard about MMEX from a friend and googled it, which then directed me to the Jiosoft UK website. I purchased the offered Mac version 1.4.0, which didn't appear to work. I found the forum online and was informed v.1.3.6 was the latest stable incarnation, whereupon I successfully installed the app.

I continued to have problems importing old QIF files and received admittedly responsive and helpful advice from the MioSoft team, although not all my queries have been answered. I had been unaware that MMEX was freeware, so presume I have paid only for support . . . I don't normally allow myself to be caught like this, but at least I didn't end up as a slave in Morocco or somewhere equally exotic!

I appreciate all the ready advice given on this site and shall continue to search for solutions here rather than from Jiosoft - I don't think I stand much chance of getting my money back though! Thanks to all once again.