Accounts Pane Font Size

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Wirmike
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Accounts Pane Font Size

Post by Wirmike »

Thank you for the new look on v 1.5.9.
I have been giving the new shortcut toolbar a try. I have found this surprisingly useful, especially the Filter Button for searching for transactions. How I managed w/out this I am beginning to wonder. Well done! The various buttons’ logo designs are nicely minimalistic, neat and good to look at. A confident statement for the future of MMEX?
SUGGESTION>
Now this toolbar is there, a really useful extra would be a button to toggle on and off the Navigation Pane.
ISSUE
I also tried out the Full Screen Button, toggling the full screen on and off.
A strange phenomenon that I have not seemingly been able to reverse is the effect that this activity appears to have had on the font in the Accounts and Stocks Panes. The font is suffer your and noticeably larger than that in the Navigation Pane. As there is no way to change the display font sizes in Options I cannot see if I there was an actual change.
Basically, when initially restored from full screen, I had the impression that the larger font and greater line spacing that resulted, gave a less pleasant and comfortable view.
Am I imagining this effect?
Hope you can help.
I can supply screen print if this will help.
My computer is a MacBook running Mac OS 10.13.6.
whall3y
MMEX Developer

Re: Accounts Pane Font Size

Post by whall3y »

Now this toolbar is there, a really useful extra would be a button to toggle on and off the Navigation Pane
You obviously have the menu option, but yes we could add another option to the toolbar. Perhaps we could look at a customisable toolbar.
CleanShot 2021-11-08 at 00.24.51.png
CleanShot 2021-11-08 at 00.24.51.png (73.49 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
ISSUE
I also tried out the Full Screen Button, toggling the full screen on and off.
A strange phenomenon that I have not seemingly been able to reverse is the effect that this activity appears to have had on the font in the Accounts and Stocks Panes. The font is suffer your and noticeably larger than that in the Navigation Pane. As there is no way to change the display font sizes in Options I cannot see if I there was an actual change.
Basically, when initially restored from full screen, I had the impression that the larger font and greater line spacing that resulted, gave a less pleasant and comfortable view.
Am I imagining this effect?
I can supply screen print if this will help.
I can't reproduce this on either MacOS 10.15.7 or 12.0.1, maybe you are imagining.... A screenshot may be useful :-)
Wirmike
Super MMEX User

Post by Wirmike »

At last. Hopefully this will demonstrate the text size. I have created a mock database to show the affect.
09E7DFAF-C068-4F76-B135-3BB51B77AA80.png
09E7DFAF-C068-4F76-B135-3BB51B77AA80.png (108.44 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
Includes, also a shot of the S&S demo, albeit maybe from a Windows machine, to emphasise the difference.
CF1C6715-4209-49F3-B4A6-B4B1CEA39562.jpeg
CF1C6715-4209-49F3-B4A6-B4B1CEA39562.jpeg (75.55 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
Note also the differences in the line spacings.

Hope this helps,

Regards.
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Regarding the difference in line spacings, this may be due to the size of the Status icon that is normally displayed at the left of the transactions (but seems to have been hidden in your screenshot).

Please check the size in Options | View Options | Others Icon Size as shown in these screenshots.

Remember to restart the app after changing this option.
OI size 1.png
OI size 1.png (129.04 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
The attachment OI size 2.png is no longer available
Attachments
OI size 2.png
OI size 2.png (128.62 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Wirmike
Super MMEX User

Post by Wirmike »

Thank you for the solution.
I had noticed the option for “Others Icon Size”, but was looking for an option that mentioned “Text”.
How mistaken was I! I now have the Accounts Pane text restored to its ‘proper’ size.
Whatever happened to cause this option to change in the first place, I will muse over and save for a later day.
Clearly there are more options in Options that I gave MMEX credit for.
Cheers and thanks again.
Regards