v1.3.1 crashes

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

xraynaud
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

v1.3.1 crashes

Post by xraynaud »

Hi, 

MMEX v1.3.1, from filemmex-v1.3.1-macOS10.9.dmg  crashes on Macos 10.12 Sierra. Version mmex-v1.3.0-macOS10.12.dmg works on the same computer. Crash details attached. I launched the program from the dmg file but installing the app in the Application folder crashes too.

Attachments
crashdetails.txt
(65.33 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Re: v1.3.1 crashes

Post by omalleypat »

Thanks for the info- I'll try to make a Sierra only build today.
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

xraynaud wrote:Hi, 

MMEX v1.3.1, from filemmex-v1.3.1-macOS10.9.dmg  crashes on Macos 10.12 Sierra. Version mmex-v1.3.0-macOS10.12.dmg works on the same computer. Crash details attached. I launched the program from the dmg file but installing the app in the Application folder crashes too.

It is not crashing for me...was this on launch or after doing something?
xraynaud
New MMEX User

Post by xraynaud »

It was at launch but it doesn't crash anymore after a reboot.

Cheers
xraynaud
New MMEX User

Post by xraynaud »

OK, it's getting more complicated...
For some reasons, it started to crashe again tonight. I have attached another debug file (I'm not sure it is really informative).
I don't know if it helps but when using v1.3.0, a popup window appears just after launch asking to accept incoming connection (this is because of Macos firewall being active). with v1.3.1, the program crashes before this window pops up. The crash does  not seem to be due to my mmb file as it occurs even when opening an empty database.
However, if I shut down the network connection, the program starts correctly. I can even close and restart the program after connecting to the network without a crash. Could this be related to the new google analytics features and Macos firewall ?

Cheers
Attachments
mmex_dbgrpt-658-20170116T205757.zip
(441 Bytes) Downloaded 422 times
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

Can you uncheck "Send anonymous statistics usage data" under Options>Network and see if it still crashes?

I'll pass this on to the developer who works on the analytics.
xraynaud
New MMEX User

Post by xraynaud »

Ok, I can now confirm it has to do with the "Send anonymous statistics" (google analytics) ?
I uncheck the box this morning. When I opened mmex tonight, it started fine, without crashing. Checking the box in the options made mmex crash immediatly. MMEX also crashed at every restart, until I switched off my network. Without internet connection, the program starts fine and I can uncheck the box. Without the box checked, the program works like a charm. Do you want me to create an issue on github ?
Cheers and thanks for all the good work. 
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

xraynaud wrote:Do you want me to create an issue on github ?
Cheers and thanks for all the good work. 
That would be great. Thanks!