Error moving to the Application folder.

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

jhessin
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Error moving to the Application folder.

Post by jhessin »

I have been scratching my head on this one. Every time I try moving the file from the .dmg image to the application folder and opening it I get the following message:
You can't open the application "mmex" because it may be damaged or incomplete.
I have attached a screenshot of the message just to be clear. I can launch the application from the .dmg image itself - however this is less than ideal. I'm not sure what is causing this error and I can't find anyone else who is having this problem with ANY application. I even tried copying the file to my desktop with the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.
mdj
New MMEX User

Re: Error moving to the Application folder.

Post by mdj »

I have the same issue. I've tried downloading and installing the 1.2.7 version of the MacOS version and it keeps saying that the file is damaged. I've had to revert to 1.2.5.  Can someone please check the file and if there is an issue with the file, post a new version??
leoone
New MMEX User

Post by leoone »

Hi,
In order to sort it out please follow link below:
You have to allow apps from everywhere and disable gatekeeper while you installing the program. It worked for me perfectly. Hope it helps :)
http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/
jhessin
New MMEX User

Post by jhessin »

leoone wrote:Hi,
In order to sort it out please follow link below:
You have to allow apps from everywhere and disable gatekeeper while you installing the program. It worked for me perfectly. Hope it helps :)
http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/
This changes absolutely nothing for me.

I don't think you understand. I can run the application - but only from inside the .dmg image, copying it into my applications folder corrupts it somehow.

also - it is much safer to right click on the program and click open to bypass gatekeeper.
guanlisheng
MMEX Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

that's wired and what's the version you were trying?
Lisheng Guan,
Developer of MoneyManagerEX (http://moneymanagerex.org)
jhessin
New MMEX User

Post by jhessin »

Version 1.3.1
mdj
New MMEX User

Post by mdj »

mdj wrote:I have the same issue. I've tried downloading and installing the 1.2.7 version of the MacOS version and it keeps saying that the file is damaged. I've had to revert to 1.2.5.  Can someone please check the file and if there is an issue with the file, post a new version??
I finally managed to upgrade to 1.3.1. I'm not sure what was wrong with the 1.2.7 version but as jhessin indicated, it wasn't related to 'allowing apps from everywhere". It was becoming corrupted somewhere along the process. 1.3.1 did not seem to have this is and is now installed.

I am disappointed to see however, that Issue #658 seems to be back. This was my main reason for wanting to upgrade. It's a simple little thing, but It's very annoying to open up the database and find the navigation tree completely blank. In fact, the issue is even worse in this version than in previous versions as I now have to click multiple times sometimes in order to get the full tree to display. As well, the problem now seems to be on the Home Page now as well. In previous versions, the Home Page showed all accounts by default. (I used to click on one of the account names in order to trigger the navigation tree to re-appear). Now the Bank Account list displays by default completely collapsed -- requiring more mouse clicks than necessary before you can begin to work. Disappointing upgrade ;-(