resolve mmex.app is damaged and can’t be opened in Mac OSX

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Renato
MVP MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: resolve mmex.app is damaged and can’t be opened in Mac OSX

Post by Renato »

I understand your frustration, but the capacities in further development / bug fixing are limited.
In addition, the developer must be familiar with all these operating systems and have the necessary hardware / Software.
This costs time and money. The developers all work on this project voluntarily and for free.
I also try to help you as a volunteer.
Maybe you should make your demands in relation to this fact.
You should be happy that there are volunteers who give you such great software for free.

Money Manager EX is a free application and we are all volunteer developers. Help us to keep servers running and continue to provide the best possible service: https://www.moneymanagerex.org/development/donate

I wonder why more people don't write here about problems of MMEX on the Mac OS. After all MMEX for Mac OS has been downloaded 415 times this week (the Windows version > 2000 times).
Renato Forum Administrator
Benvan45
Senior MMEX User

Post by Benvan45 »

Renato wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:58 pm I understand your frustration, but the capacities in further development / bug fixing are limited.
In addition, the developer must be familiar with all these operating systems and have the necessary hardware / Software.
This costs time and money. The developers all work on this project voluntarily and for free.
I also try to help you as a volunteer.
Maybe you should make your demands in relation to this fact.
You should be happy that there are volunteers who give you such great software for free.

Money Manager EX is a free application and we are all volunteer developers. Help us to keep servers running and continue to provide the best possible service: https://www.moneymanagerex.org/development/donate

I wonder why more people don't write here about problems of MMEX on the Mac OS. After all MMEX for Mac OS has been downloaded 415 times this week (the Windows version > 2000 times).
I know why not more people write about the known problems, as when the installation doesn't work, they just leave it and jump to the next financial program. I did the same many times, till I got to the point that I just want MMEX, as this is just great and took me a very long time to get it it all working. Another known issue is: Synchronistation with Android. Man, it took me hours to get it running without any problem. There are so many Android versions and they all work different. And still...sometimes it just doesn't sync. My solution......add every spending or income on my Android phone and push SYNC! Then it works on my Mac. The other way around it won't work all the time. Why? I wish I knew.... But these things frustrate people and I was one of them.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Dear Benvan45
Well, you get something for free and then you complain that it doesn't work the way you set your own maximum demands on the product.

It feels like getting an old deux Chevaux as a present and complaining that it does not run like a Bentley. I classify this under ....

You say yourself that there are many different Android versions (like OSx) and depending on the version the sync works.

I would appreciate it if all users who have problems would describe their problem in a way that you can understand the problem without guessing and asking several times. This includes which operating system I am using, which version of MMEX I am using and what are the exact occurrences. Blanket reproaches like, it does not function, makes times finally which does not bring both sides further.
RobC
New MMEX User

Post by RobC »

How did you get it to run? I have tried repeatedly to download it afresh but still get the “damaged” message.
I also remember buying this originally so it wasn’t a freebie then.
Regards Rob
mikhailo2608il
Senior MMEX User

Post by mikhailo2608il »

I am curious to know exactly whom did you buy it from. A couple of years ago I saw a personal finance manager for sale in the Google Play store that seemed to be identical to MMEX - menus, features, etcetera - except for the initial splash screen. The company offering it for sale seemed to be of Indian orgins due to the developer name. Obviously what I saw was counterfeit. I would hope that Google would have removed this offering by now. I was not aware of counterfeit versions of MMEX in the desktop arena.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Hello Robc

I don't think it's worth trying to place your problem under different topics. I have already deleted two double posts.

I think there are enough discussions in the forum about this problem. Try to read the different posts, for example here: viewtopic.php?p=20602#p20602

Sorry, I like to help if I can, but only if you are willing to read / try / document something yourself.
Benvan45
Senior MMEX User

Post by Benvan45 »

Good News......after upgrading Mac OS X to Big Sur, there's no problem installing Mac MMEX version 1.3.5. So, no message, that it is damaged! I'm using Big Sur Beta and just tried it this morning. Uninstalled MMEX and installed 1.3.5. without any problem!!!! :D ;)

The only thing that bothers me, is that the font size can't be changed, at least I can't find any option.

Anybody an idea?

Good luck!

Regards,

Ben
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Many thanks for the feedback.

The font size can be set under Option/View Option/Html Scale Factor.
Benvan45
Senior MMEX User

Post by Benvan45 »

Thank you Renato and I know about the scale factor of the Html, but I mean the left colum with the accounts and reports and the transactions. These fonts I can't find in order to resize. It's so very small.
I've read older posts and I discovered, that there's no such option, but perhaps you know better?

Take care and thank you.

Regards,

Ben
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

This is a bug.
if you enlarge the icons, it becomes more readable.
(so that on the left side that is displayed correctly, MMEX has to be restarted.)
MMEX14.jpg
MMEX14.jpg (31.29 KiB) Viewed 8355 times
MMEX13.jpg
MMEX13.jpg (48.57 KiB) Viewed 8355 times