Payee name in error in Stocks & Shares

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Wirmike
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Payee name in error in Stocks & Shares

Post by Wirmike »

I have been trying to convert my Stock portfolios to the current v1.3.3 format.

Stefano found and sent me the re-located YouTube "Stocks and Shares Demo".
Many thanks to Stefano for that.
It is a good reference to have running alongside my first steps in the process.

However, I am having issues when trying to associate a 'Payee' when editing the Initial 'Add Share Transaction' entry in the Stock Portfolio.
The Payee is chosen from the Organise Payee dialogue.
Whatever, the choice from the list the Payee that appears in the transaction is one that has long-since been deleted as a Payee!
This only happens in theStocks/Shares of MMEX - the basic current accounts appear fine.
Whatever I try, it seems that this part of the stocks&shares conversion process maybe seeing some invisible entry that as a user I cannot see.
Perhaps a pointer in a data-table has gone awry and some data have not been properly removed earlier?
Running reports has, unsurprisingly, not thrown up any clues.
I am at a loss and wonder what the solution could be: maybe there is a tool available to check the data tables?
---------------------------------------------------------
I am running v.1.3.4-rc7 under Mac OS 10.13.6
Wirmike
Super MMEX User

Re: Payee name in error in Stocks & Shares

Post by Wirmike »

I have stumbled upon a solution to this error - BUT in doing so I have thrown up another!

My "invisible" payee was only so because for some unaccountable reason I ended up with that entry in the Payee table as having a whole series of spaces, sufficient to knock the payee entry's name way over to the right and leaving the most significant part of the record as an apparently empty field! I noticed this entry at the top of the list, instead of where it would have been about half way down, as it seemed odd as having a category assigned to it.
I edited the payee name, removing the spaces and hey presto, the payee became visible and immediately took its alpha-numeric place in the list lower down.
I then tried to edit the share account transaction, but the chosen payee was that which was THEN the first record/payee in the list. So an error here!
This error became apparent after selecting the payee I wanted, by highlighting it and taking the OK key at the bottom of the Payee List.
However, I discovered that it was able to select the payee I wanted by simply double-clicking the chosen payee entry. This approach seems the work every time!
So an inconsistency in the way that the payee list works, methinks.

I hope that this will be useful.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Payee name in error in Stocks & Shares

Post by Nikolay »

Could you share the Stefano's video?