MMEX on Ubuntu with Crossoveroffice: problems with 1.3.0-3

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

BeteNoir
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

MMEX on Ubuntu with Crossoveroffice: problems with 1.3.0-3

Post by BeteNoir »

I have been running mmex 1.2.7 under Ubuntu using CrossOver Office for a while now with no problems :D. But since version 1.3.0 I have been having endless headaches :cry:. Let me explain. In order to get these versions running I need to install the vc_redist_x86 package for the program to react. No sweat. Now the program runs, but the database (*.emb) is read wrongly. Entries belonging to one account appear in several others and the entries change when I scroll through the accounts. Annoying. But the question is whether in fact I am missing another vital MS library? Installing core fonts does not help out. And since the Linux package is a pain to get hold of, the CrossOver route seems simpler to me, if only I can get it to work.

Any ideas will be gratefully received and tried out.:shock:
BeteNoir
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: MMEX on Ubuntu with Crossoveroffice: problems with 1.3.0

Post by BeteNoir »

The problem seems to be a display wrap around going wrong. If I display an account with fewer entries after displaying an account with a larger number of entries, the new account is displayed on top of the first. Odd.