How to install mmex on most popular linux distro

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Nikolay
MMEX Developer
Are you a spam bot?: No

How to install mmex on most popular linux distro

Post by Nikolay »

hermes
New MMEX User

Re: How to install mmex on most popular linux distro

Post by hermes »

Thank you, MMEX is now in the main Linux software repositories. However it appears to be version 1.2.7 rather than 1.3.3

Perhaps it will update to the latest version in due course.

John
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Now there are a lot of packages available

https://github.com/slodki/moneymanagere ... /tag/test1
Brian24
New MMEX User

Post by Brian24 »

Hi Trying to install Moneymanagerex in Ubuntu 18.04 but cannot get ./bootstrap.sh to run. I have downloaded about 10 times now and bakefiles several times but it will not work. The problem is bakefiles_gen wants to load 16 files but crashes after the first 2. I have been using MMex now on 16.04 for about 2 years but just updated to 18.04 and now it is not working. Please can you help ? I just do not know what to look
many thanks in advance. Would also like to thank you for a great app. Still running on my android tablet.

Update to the above.
I have now got mmex 1.3.3 running. My problem seemed to be with missing wxWidgets so I installed the libraries but made the mistake of installing v 3.1.1 when in should be v 3.0.4. When I changed this the configure & make worked. I must say that ./bootstrap.sh still reported the same error with bakefile_gen, but I just carried on and it all works.
Many thanks
kanato123
New MMEX User

Post by kanato123 »

Hi all, I want to follow the instructions on ubuntu via the link that you've provided... I'm already lost on step 1 as I am not very technical. Can I not install directly from the ubuntu store or something? (I tried to find it there but couldnt) The install steps seems to talk about docker files which I do not understand, is Docker something I need to install first?
kanato123
New MMEX User

Post by kanato123 »

Hi all, I want to follow the instructions on ubuntu 18.04. I'm already lost on step 1 as I am not very technical. Can I not install directly from the ubuntu store or something? (I tried to find it there but couldnt) It talks about docker files which I do not understand, is Docker something I need to install first?