One click export from spreadsheets to Money Manager

Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

OneClickToQif
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

One click export from spreadsheets to Money Manager

Post by OneClickToQif »

I have used Money Manager for a long time now. It is great and useful software with lots of features.

However, my main complaint about it is regarding the Money Manager interface: IMHO, it is not the best way to enter the details of transactions for daily use.

By contrast, spreadsheets provide a faster and simpler interface. It is much easier and quicker to enter data via MS Excel or Calc than via Money Manager interface or similar applications.

In addition, most banks and credit card issuers provide account statements in spreadsheet format. I usually download the transactions of my bank accounts and credit cards from the web of banks and financial institutions, in Excel format. I find it faster and more manageable to view these transactions in the spreadsheet. However, I want to have them synchronized in Money Manager.

Also for accounts with split transactions, I find it much easier to enter data via spreadsheets, than via Money Manager interface.

On the other hand, I do not want to give up all the benefits of Money Manager, especially to manage on one site all accounts for assets, liabilities, income and expenses, and generate reports from them.

For these reasons I created OneClickToQIF: a freeware and open source project: with OneClickToQIF is very quick and easy to move data from spreadsheets to Money Manager or other bookkeeping application, using the former for insertion and some calculations, and the latter for all the functionality of a double-entry bookkeeping application.

Github project:  https://github.com/OneClickToQif/OneClickToQif

Email list / forum for the project is found here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/oneclicktoqif

I created this software for my own use, but then I uploaded it as an open source project at GitHub because I hope it could be useful for many Money Manager users. 

Regards
sterling
Super MMEX User

Re: One click export from spreadsheets to Money Manager

Post by sterling »

I just import my bank statements through .csv.  I have a template i use, it take 2 minutes per statement to import.
guanlisheng
MMEX Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

OneClickToQif wrote:I have used Money Manager for a long time now. It is great and useful software with lots of features.

However, my main complaint about it is regarding the Money Manager interface: IMHO, it is not the best way to enter the details of transactions for daily use.

By contrast, spreadsheets provide a faster and simpler interface. It is much easier and quicker to enter data via MS Excel or Calc than via Money Manager interface or similar applications.

In addition, most banks and credit card issuers provide account statements in spreadsheet format. I usually download the transactions of my bank accounts and credit cards from the web of banks and financial institutions, in Excel format. I find it faster and more manageable to view these transactions in the spreadsheet. However, I want to have them synchronized in Money Manager.

Also for accounts with split transactions, I find it much easier to enter data via spreadsheets, than via Money Manager interface.

On the other hand, I do not want to give up all the benefits of Money Manager, especially to manage on one site all accounts for assets, liabilities, income and expenses, and generate reports from them.

For these reasons I created OneClickToQIF: a freeware and open source project: with OneClickToQIF is very quick and easy to move data from spreadsheets to Money Manager or other bookkeeping application, using the former for insertion and some calculations, and the latter for all the functionality of a double-entry bookkeeping application.

Github project:  https://github.com/OneClickToQif/OneClickToQif

Email list / forum for the project is found here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/oneclicktoqif

I created this software for my own use, but then I uploaded it as an open source project at GitHub because I hope it could be useful for many Money Manager users. 

Regards
would you join the MMEX team?
Lisheng Guan,
Developer of MoneyManagerEX (http://moneymanagerex.org)
dreamygyz
New MMEX User

Post by dreamygyz »

Is it possible to export data from money manger to Excel sheet?
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

It will be available in v. 1.3.0
Spooks
New MMEX User

Post by Spooks »

Nikolay wrote:It will be available in v. 1.3.0
Cool, thanks very much.
Make sure to check out this Leanbean review and learn more about it.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

One more wsy to put a data into Excel

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/gener ... iption.txt
BerythaBeasley
New MMEX User

Post by BerythaBeasley »

Nikolay wrote:It will be available in v. 1.3.0
thanks very much.
johnyjackson
New MMEX User

Post by johnyjackson »

BerythaBeasley wrote:
Nikolay wrote:It will be available in v. 1.3.0Forskolin Reviews
thanks very much. Dianabol Reviews
Dianabol Reviews V tight Gel Revew

Thanks for the version v. 1.3.0.
Last edited by johnyjackson on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
latedev
Senior MMEX User

Post by latedev »

EdwardFlournoy wrote:I came to know about your freeware and open source project - OneClickToQIF through one of my friends who has been using it for quite some time. And as soon as I started using it, it has become a life-saver for me. It is the easiest way to move data from spreadsheets to Money Manager and I can't live without it. Thank you so much for creating this utility and sharing it here, As they say, sharing is caring.
So you can explain how to use it then ?