Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

GregChapman
Senior MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

MMEX 0.9.9.2 Development Release

Post by GregChapman »

Hi Nikolay,

I look forward to testing this release and any thanks for using many of the icons I submitted.

I know I promised more icons but have been distracted by other projects. I now see why you asked for further Bank Account icons. Now I understand what you want I will try and produce some more for you.

For those who haven't worked it out the EDIT ACCOUNT dialogue now shows an icon. Clicking it opens a list of icons from which to select. The top item "-=====-" will return the icon to the default for that kind of account.

Note for Nikolay: Possible bug: If the original account was marked as a favourite, the icon image does not always appear to change as it should.
Greg Chapman
GregChapman
Senior MMEX User

Re: MMEX 0.9.9.2 Development Release

Post by GregChapman »

A couple of points about the new icons:

# On the toolbar: the "Create new Custom SQL Reports" button does not match the new button for the same function on the menu at: Tools > Custom SQL Reports > New.

# On the menu: Tools > Repeating Transactions, the old icon is used and does not match the new icon on the navigation pane.

# On the Tools Menu you use the old pale icons for: Organise Categories, Payees and Currency, but the new bolder icons for the two Relocation... items. I think it would be better if the organise items on the menu (and matching toolbar buttons) all be the new bold ones I submitted.

# On the menu: Tools > Options still seems to use the old pale spanner icon.

There may be other icons that you have not used. (I am not at home at the moment and cannot check my records) I am not sure (apart from the Transaction Report Filter icon of mine that I know you didn't like) whether that is intentional or not.

Congratulations on this project.
Greg Chapman
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Greg,thank you for your comments.
I like icons that you provided but replacement not finished.
I have no time to finish that.
Any suggestions will be done.
sandie
New MMEX User

Post by sandie »

1. Thanks a lot for moving the balances on each account further apart. (Account Bal., Reconciled Bal.,Diff.) Since there is a lot of room I would spell out the words instead of using abbreviations. Suit yourself.
2. On the Home page I would make some changes to the Account Balance listings.
A. Identify BALANCE as CURRENT or CURRENT BALANCE. It looks like there is room for a third balance to be called FUTURE BALANCE. That would be the balance shown on each account which includes future entries that have been added. For me I would list (left to right) CURRENT, FUTURE, RECONCILED.
3. Take a look at the REPEATING TRANSACTIONS screen. I would hope that the AMOUNT column would be changed back to RIGHT justify to get the decimals lined up for easy reading.
4. Again, many thanks for your effort.
PeCe
Senior MMEX User

Post by PeCe »

The Dutch (Netherlands) language file enclosed with this release package is somehow incomplete. The Belgium version (for me) looks alright.
Just to be sure you have the complete Dutch (Netherlands) I attach the newest version of these files.

Suggestion, maybe we should rename the file to Dutch_NL
that way the difference between the Belgium version (of wimvhs) and the Dutch version (maintained by me) is more clear for the users.
Attachments
dutch_0992.zip
Dutch (nl) PO and MO files
(66.61 KiB) Downloaded 603 times
jamie
New MMEX User

Post by jamie »

There is a minor display issue in MMEX 0.9.9.2 SVN-3085. Upon opening a bank account register from the navigation bar, the bottom transaction is not shown using the future transaction color scheme even though it is in the future. Instead, the bottom transaction is shown using either the List Row 0 or List Row 1 color scheme. The issue does not occur when I open the bank account register from the main screen.
jamie
New MMEX User

Post by jamie »

I have a small use-ability suggestion. On the Repeating Transactions list, the default position for the vertical scroll bar should be the top of the list instead of the bottom. The bottom makes sense for the bank account registers, but not the repeating transactions. The repeating transactions at the top of the list are due sooner and should be the focus.
GregChapman
Senior MMEX User

Post by GregChapman »

That's strange!

With the window size I normally use, I don't have enough entries on the Repeating Transaction screen to have a vertical scrollbar. However, I have just squeezed my window a bit and found that the scrollbar button appears at the top, not the bottom.

However, as you suggest, regardless of which column and order I sort in the scrollbar button is always at the bottom on Bank Account screens.
Greg Chapman
jamie
New MMEX User

Post by jamie »

GregChapman wrote:... I have just squeezed my window a bit and found that the scrollbar button appears at the top, not the bottom...
If one squeezes the window and then opens the Repeating Transactions in that order, it appears at the bottom. If one is already on the the Repeating Transactions screen and squeezes the window, it appears at the top. At least that is how it is working for me.
GregChapman
Senior MMEX User

Post by GregChapman »

Ah, yes. It does that for me too.
Greg Chapman