Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

jesuspinto
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: MMEX 0.9.9.2 Development Release

Post by jesuspinto »

smjohns wrote:Hi,

I have found a bug with the transfer transaction functionality but my explanation is a bit too long to be posted on the forum. I will try and attach an rtf document with the text I was hoping to post.

Kind Regards
Si
Transfer Bug.rtf
Hello,
I've been using version 9.9.2 - 3316 for 45 days and now I realize that, actually, when I try to modify a transaction type transfer, the target account becomes the same as the source account and becomes a withdrawal, as well "smjonhs" explains.
Regards
Jesus Pinto
jesuspinto
New MMEX User

Re: MMEX 0.9.9.2 Development Release - Bug in Options?

Post by jesuspinto »

Hi,
I'm using the version 9.9.2 DEV:SVN 3316.
I have marked in Tool/Options/Others: "Default Payee: none" and "Default Category: last used for payee" (I think these are the default options), but it doesn't work so; it always ask to "Select Category" for any new transaction.
Greetings.
Junior
New MMEX User

Post by Junior »

I am trying to use this release under Mountain Lion and it's not working as it should. It loads my database fine but when I try to click on a account, nothing happens. I am also having trouble quitting the application. It just sits there after quitting via the menu.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
smf61
New MMEX User

Post by smf61 »

Found a little bug in the latest development releases (3630 and previous) where editing a stock leaves a (thousands seperator) comma in the "number of shares" field (e.g. 1,234). This has to be removed otherwise there is an invaild number of shares error when clicking OK. This only happens when the number of shares is 1,000+ and is with the english-uk langauge set on Windows 64-bit.

thanks for a great product
Simon
------------
PeCe
Senior MMEX User

Post by PeCe »

The newest development release ( 0.9.9.2_svn4386 ) doesn't work on my Win7 64bit PC.
It reports that the msvcp110d.dll and msvcr110.dll files are missing. I searched for them on the internet, but that did not solve the problem. It would be nice if these needed files would be included in the update.

Previous releases of mmex.exe were about 1.7Mb in size, this version "exploded" to almost 20Mb. Is it really necessary that it grew so much?

On facebook you asked for volunteers to test it, but unfortunately I can't even start the program.
petrik
New MMEX User

Post by petrik »

A few problems with mmex.svn4386 on Windows 7 x64 SP1:
1. Opening a new encrypted database:
- 'File Open' dialog won't display .emb files although they are picked up if you type the name in the 'File name:' box.
- 'Enter Password' dialog is hidden by the 'Setting new Database file' dialog.
2. When changing a transaction status, instead of just altering the status view, if that transaction is not on the last view page for that account, mmex scrolls the display so that the altered transaction moves to the penultimate line of that view page.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

How to reproduce issue#2? .
avma
Senior MMEX User

Post by avma »

Hey,

I downloaded and ran the newest development release ( mmex_0.9.9.2_svn4391_portable.zip ) however I can't make it to work on my PC (Win7 64bit PC.)
After the start screen, when I'm trying to display any account (in any group; cash, terms, assets repeating transactions), the debug screen pops up and I'm thrown out of the program.
It is doing that for everything other then BUDGET and REPORTS.

Thanks
Avi
petrik
New MMEX User

Post by petrik »

Hello Nikolay
Regarding issue #2.
Used an account with numerous transactions from 04/13 to 07/13.
Selected separate transactions dated 05/13 and 06/13, each of which was displayed in the middle of the account view display page. Changed status (using both 'Edit' button and right click menu). Each time the changed transaction scrolled down to the penultimate line of that account view display page.
Interestingly, if a transaction was on the first or last pages of the account view display there were no problems.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

avma wrote:Hey,

I downloaded and ran the newest development release ( mmex_0.9.9.2_svn4391_portable.zip ) however I can't make it to work on my PC (Win7 64bit PC.)

Thanks
Avi
that fixed. Please download http://sourceforge.net/projects/moneyma ... p/download