Repeating Transactions Category Column

Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

elliswr
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Repeating Transactions Category Column

Post by elliswr »

I have added the column, set the column width to save to the inidb, column heading, and created a new categoryStr_ in th (th.categoryStr_).

I set th.categoryStr_ = q1.GetString(wxT("CATEGNAME"));

compile and run, everything looks fine on a new database file. I add no transactions, just go to the repeating transactions page and add a new series, filling out all of the required fields and enter. Upon doing so, I get an SQL error, invalid field or field does not exist, something to that effect. So my question is, what am I doing wrong? Does this happen if you just create a new database and create a repeating transaction before ever entering any other transactions? I would try this all out myself, but I haven't had much time to sit down and code. Any help would be much appreciated.
elliswr
Super MMEX User

Re: Repeating Transactions Category Column

Post by elliswr »

Because I am pulling from the wrong table, or rather the wrong column. BILLSDEPOSITS_V1 has no column CATEGNAM. That column is in CATEGARY_V1.
elliswr
Super MMEX User

Re: Repeating Transactions Category Column

Post by elliswr »

I had hoped to copy what had been done in mmcheckingpanel to fill the category column on the repeating transactions dialog, but mmcheckingpanel turned out to not be as straight forward as I had hoped. It uses a fullCatStr_ that I cannot seem to find identified anywhere in the mmcheckingpanel file and appears to be part of another object. I was thinking of doing another query of CATEGORY_V1 to get the category name and subcategory name, then adding them together in a wxString, but my SQL knowledge is minimal. If someone could write a query to do this given a categID_ and subCategID_, it would be relatively easy to add this column to the repeating transactions dialog.