Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

Vadim
Super User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Important changes in trunk

Post by Vadim »

Hi,
Some Important changes happened in trunk.

1.Sqlite3 sources replaced with the SQLite Amalgamation distribution (http://www.sqlite.org/amalgamation.html).

2.No more try-catch!!! Defines mmBEGINSQL_LITE_EXCEPTION, mmENDSQL_LITE_EXCEPTION have removed. You do not need to catch exceptions in every access to db.

3.Custom SQL Dialog removed from mmex as totally useless. It is useless for users because they do not know tables and relations in sqlite. It is useless for developers because it is too primitive and very uncomfortable. Anyone can use any suitable tools for sqlite found in inet which much more powerful.

4.mmex version promoted to 0.9.6.
Vadim
Super User

Re: Important changes in trunk

Post by Vadim »

I have found that some tests failed after updating of sqlite when you built mmex using MinGW. The VC++ mmex passes all tests.
madhan
Site Admin

Post by madhan »

1.Sqlite3 sources replaced with the SQLite Amalgamation distribution (http://www.sqlite.org/amalgamation.html).
Please make sure this does not break Encryption support. Many people have DBs that are encrypted.
3.Custom SQL Dialog removed from mmex as totally useless. It is useless for users because they do not know tables and relations in sqlite. It is useless for developers because it is too primitive and very uncomfortable. Anyone can use any suitable tools for sqlite found in inet which much more powerful.
I agree with a lot of changes happening to the code base but I disagree here. It is not useless for users because they can just use Queries created by someone else. (See the forum for custom SQL). Using an additional tool is hard because someone has to download it and have it installed in the side and it is more work.

I would appreciate if existing functionality is not removed or atleast some kind of consensus is reached before doing so. My recommendation is not to remove this functionality and put it back.
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Hi,

I believe that the Custom SQL report is a very cool feature, which is the hallmark of the program.
yampis
New User

Post by yampis »

Hello!

Please, do not remove possibility to use Custom SQL directly in MMEX. At least for me, Custom SQL reports are more useful than default reports. If you want to remove these Custom SQL, then you have to revise and add much more reports to MMEX with possibility to customize parameters.

For example, you don't have any reports which groups expenses/incomes by category. Of course I can open detailed reports, where expenses/incomes are grouped by subcategories. But if I want to have quick look about my expenses/incomes my Custom SQL is much more useful that this detailed one...

Moreover, I'd like to have possibility to save my Custom SQL as "user" reports in MMEX for quick access...
elliswr
Super User

Post by elliswr »

I second the notion of being able to save the report and would like to add the ability to save it separate from MMEX (like a plugin). With this, users would be able to create their own reports and then post them so that others, who might find that particular report useful, could download and use. This be very beneficial for the MMEX community.
omalleypat
Super User

Post by omalleypat »

I think the Custom SQL should stay as well...
Vadim
Super User

Post by Vadim »

I removed custom SQL reports because it's very inconvenient in use. This functionality must be refactored. I think I will do this in next version after 0.9.5. Remember that svn trunk is for development, this is not release yet :-) 0.9.5 still has Custor SQL Report.
Vadim
Super User

Post by Vadim »

elliswr wrote:I second the notion of being able to save the report and would like to add the ability to save it separate from MMEX (like a plugin). With this, users would be able to create their own reports and then post them so that others, who might find that particular report useful, could download and use. This be very beneficial for the MMEX community.
I quite agree with elliswr.
Vadim
Super User

Post by Vadim »

Vadim wrote:I have found that some tests failed after updating of sqlite when you built mmex using MinGW. The VC++ mmex passes all tests.
All tests pass OK for trunk. Anyone can freely build mmex with MinGW.
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

HI

mingw.log:

Code: Select all

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, -c "if not exist gcc_statu mkdir gcc_statu", ...) failed.
make (e=2): Не удается найти указанный файл.
mingw32-make: [gcc_statu] Error 2 (ignored)
In file included from ../../sqlite/sqlite3secure.c:1:
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c: In function `winRandomness':
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c:28846: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c:28852: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c:28857: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c:28862: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c: In function `attachFunc':
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c:64755: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c: In function `sqlite3RunVacuum':
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c:83058: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c: In function `sqliteDefaultBusyCallback':
../../sqlite/sqlite3.c:93483: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
In file included from ../../sqlite/sqlite3secure.c:35:
../../sqlite/rijndael.c: In function `RijndaelBlockEncrypt':
../../sqlite/rijndael.c:1127: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of |
../../sqlite/rijndael.c: In function `RijndaelBlockDecrypt':
../../sqlite/rijndael.c:1281: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of |
../../sqlite/sqlite3secure.c: At top level:
../../sqlite/codecext.c:161: warning: unused parameter 'db'
../../sqlite/codecext.c:161: warning: unused parameter 'nDb'
../../sqlite/codecext.c:23: warning: unused parameter 'pArg'
../../sqlite/codecext.c:23: warning: unused parameter 'pageSize'
../../sqlite/codecext.c:23: warning: unused parameter 'reservedSize'
../../sqlite/codecext.c:6: warning: unused parameter 'info'
../../sqlite/codec.c:577: warning: unused parameter 'codec'
../../sqlite/codec.c:392: warning: unused parameter 'codec'
../../sqlite/codec.c:353: warning: unused parameter 'codec'
../../sqlite/sqlite3secure.c:50468: fatal error: opening dependency file gcc_statu\sqlite3_sqlite3secure.o.d: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
mingw32-make: *** [gcc_statu\sqlite3_sqlite3secure.o] Error 1
Vadim
Super User

Post by Vadim »

Are you sure that you have the latest svn sources? Update sources, do "make clean" and try again.
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Nothing helped. The log is the same.
Nikolay
Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Hi,

FYI
There is the alldata view has been added in the new version of mmex.
It's aesy to understand.