Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

elliswr
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: It's time to release 0.9.5

Post by elliswr »

This bug bug: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=714
I cannot recreate on Mac, but this may be due to me changing the control from wxStaticBitmap to wxBitmapButton because the wxStaticBitmap did not show up at all on Mac. So I'll change it back to wxStaticBitmap and continue to play with the code to see if I can get it to work on wxMac.
Vadim
Super MMEX User

Post by Vadim »

I've fixed both bugs (http://www.codelathe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=714, http://www.codelathe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=715). So, I can build setups for Windows again. This release will be marked as 0.9.5.1. The real critical fix done for popup menu. We should publish 0.9.5.1. immediately.
elliswr
Super MMEX User

Post by elliswr »

Quick turnaround on those fixes, but this re-breaks the led on Mac, and wxstaticbitmaps still do not show (where as the wxbitmapbuttons did), so I don't guess we will address this for 0.9.5, I'll add it to the roadmap for 0.9.6
Vadim
Super MMEX User

Post by Vadim »

I understand that my "fixed" means reverted changes. Apply these changes to trunk later and try do not change control's type if it's possible.
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

Two questions...

Were the changes to wxLED actually necessary? It seems from the descriptions of the problems that the change to wxLED should not have any effect. Vadim, can you reinstate those changes to check (I don't have windows either) so we can have the LED working correctly.

Secondly, I think that this whole problem of the viewing transactions control would be solved if we went to a wxListBox instead of the rightarrow button and creating a menu on click. It mimics the behavior of a listbox anyway when you click on it, is there any good reason why it is not a listbox to begin with? This should get rid of the problem once and for all and we could have it working on both systems in this release.
Vadim
Super MMEX User

Post by Vadim »

If we continue to modify branch code, we do not release 0.9.5 even in next year.
P.S. Do not commit unrelated changes in single svn transaction next time. The rule is "one change - one commit".
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

Ok, lets hold off on the menu, but the LED check should take less than five minutes...can you look at that one?
Vadim
Super MMEX User

Post by Vadim »

omalleypat wrote:Ok, lets hold off on the menu, but the LED check should take less than five minutes...can you look at that one?
I am not an author of these changes, so I don't know what are you talking about. I checked my r730 and didn't see LED in reverted changes. r649 has "Fixed Stock Dialog LED on Mac" but this code remains in branch.
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

Oops, I see...I saw a note in the svn email that the LED was changed, but that was in trunk, not the branch. Sorry about that. I just compiled the branch code and the LED works fine on mac. We can sort out trunk later.
elliswr
Super MMEX User

Post by elliswr »

I must have compiled the wrong target this morning. Sorry about that. So branch is good to go now right? The right arrow button is fixed and we are ready to build new binaries?