Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

Vadim
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

It's time to release 0.9.5

Post by Vadim »

Hi everybody,
I think we should freeze any development on 0.9.5. If we continue to modify branch's code, we never release new version. It is time to stop. If nobody knows some critical bugs in branch (such as application crashes, etc), we can build MMEX for all platforms and publish one. All detected bugs, new features and others things we will continue to do in main trunk of development. I everyday use MMEX from trunk (its version marked as 0.9.6) and do not have any bugs and problems. So, we could publish 0.9.6 very soon after 0.9.5, for example, Christmas Edition :-) And this version will incorporate bugfixes for bugs found in 0.9.5.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: It's time to release 0.9.5

Post by Nikolay »

+2 :)
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Is any step by step instractions for newbie ? :)
Vadim
Super MMEX User

Post by Vadim »

I can build setup of mmex from branch for all Windows. Also I can build mmex on Fedora-11. But in latter case I'm not sure that my version will run on any others Unix-es. Also I cannot build mmex for Ubuntu and SUSE, so we need someone who build mmex on these platforms. And our mate elliswr can build 0.9.5 for Mac.

When we get all builds we can do final tests (for example, install mmex from scratch and test basic functionality).
Next step will be upload binaries on site and sourceforge and update content of site http://www.codelathe.com/mmex. But I don't know who can do this except Madhan.
Vadim
Super MMEX User

Post by Vadim »

Also someone should update versions of mmex in resources and files, update readme and release notes. I think Nikolay can do it.

P.S. I have already done this.
mrgingles
New MMEX User

Post by mrgingles »

Waiting for the official relase of MMEX 0.9.5, I agree with Vadim... :D
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

When we do release it, we should make a copy of the branch to the tags folder. It looks like this hasn't been done in a while for past releases.
Vadim
Super MMEX User

Post by Vadim »

I know what to do, don't worry :-) I planned to copy 0.9.5 to tags\release today, but I've found a critical BUG for one minute of using mmex (in debug build click on "Notes" column's header). This bug absent in trunk. I don't do any work in branch, so I thought 0.9.5 ready to release. But now I have to check main functionality personally. Use Debug builds in your work, mates! It's not a proposition, it's requirement.
madhan
Site Admin

Post by madhan »

Thats great.

I will also personally test the build.
Lets make sure we get enough mileage on it before it is released.

Some of the main requirements before a release is that
1) It should be backwards compatible with databases from older releases, load it properly
2) All major functionality should work as before, adding/removing/listing transactions, importing etc
Next step will be upload binaries on site and sourceforge and update content of site http://www.codelathe.com/mmex. But I don't know who can do this except Madhan.
Yes, that should be no problem. We can work on other options in the future if needed.
Please send me a PM if you need me to do any work and I am not on the forums. I check forums every few days.

I would like to keep the CodeLathe site as a hub for MMEX and not source forge for several reasons, chief among them being the shameless plug for traffic for my startup.
madhan
Site Admin

Post by madhan »

Also, can we all freeze SVN checkins into the branch unless absolutely required.