Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

Vadim
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Reorganizations in source tree of trunk

Post by Vadim »

Hi,
I have made next modifications in trunk.

1.mmex\runtime\help moved to mmex\docs. These directories were almost identical except some files. The InnoSetup installer script was modified (mmex\setup\win32\mmex.iss) to put into installation help files from mmex\docs.
Installer uses selected during setup language to detect which help file to install. English help contains in mmex\docs\index.html, but for example russian one in russian-index.html. So, if during setup you select russian, russian-index.html will be copied to MoneyManagerEx\help\index.html. When you press Ctrl+F1 in program, you will see help in russian. The same will happed for all translated helps (French and Italian).

2. Visual C++ CRT files (dlls and manifest) where removed from mmex\runtime. Anyone can build mmex using VStudio 2003 and later. So, someone builds mmex with VStudio 2003 or 2005 using command "nmake -f makefile.vc sub_setup". But installer will include runtime libraries for VC2008 from mmex\runtime. Thus bakefiles scripts have modified to tell installer which runtime it should include into setup. This task does not complete for MinGW but should work well for at least VS2008. build\msw\setup.vc has new option "VS_VERSION". If you want to build installer set its value to version of Studio which you have (2008, 2005, 2003). If this option does not set, its value will be forced to Studio 2008. Later this value uses to guess path to directory with CRT runtime into Studio folder.
Vadim
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Reorganizations in source tree of trunk

Post by Vadim »

I found that VC2003 does not have CRT redistributables in its folder. So, I will investigate this situation and modify bakefiles. It seems that VC2003 does not have CRT redistributable at all.