(http://github.moneymanagerex.org/)

Moderator: Renato

Eddietheone
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Update

Post by Eddietheone »

Hi all

I have tried about 6 times to update the prog to 1.3.5 but after every effort I am still on 1.3.3 so can anyone please tell me how to do it as I must be doing something wrong but cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Edward

siowena
MVP MMEX User

Re: Update

Post by siowena »

Are you mac or windows?
If windows, which version and which type (x86 or 64bit)
What errors are you getting?

Eddietheone
New MMEX User

Post by Eddietheone »

Widows 10 laptop 64 bit

No error message but it just returns to 1.5.3 every time. I have posted another problem which might be related as I am in areal muddle with this program now.

Edward

dbolton
MVP MMEX User

Post by dbolton »

See if the following thread helps: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9448&p=20233

The default download at the moment is the portable version instead of the normal version. I'm new to the project but seeing if we can get the default changed.

Eddietheone
New MMEX User

Post by Eddietheone »

Thanks for the reply. I open mine from the task bar at the bottom of the screen so I will look into this other download as soon as I can. I will let you all know how it goes. Cheers Edward

Eddietheone
New MMEX User

Post by Eddietheone »

Well I have tried downloading from the above site and I seem to download the updated program. I open my current database and the columns appear to be reset to default. I put everything back to where I want it and close the program. When I reopen it I am back to the .3 version. I wish when you downloaded these updates you didn't have to go searching through the bin file for it. I do prefer the update more or less doing it straight off as normal as I see it. So I guess I am stuck with .3 it just means clicking cancel every time the open box comes up which is not a real hardship.

Cheers Edward

Eddietheone
New MMEX User

Post by Eddietheone »

OK hold the front page. I seem to have fixed it. A phone call to a friend and it was as simple as updating the icon on the task bar so it accessed the right program. Phewwwwwww

Cheers Edward