Budget Performance

Page 1 of 1
3 posts
Budget Performance

TCMaGiC
New MMEX User

There is a item on the list in the menu on the homepage called "budget performance". When I click on this item nothing is shown. Is this a glitch or is there really no reason for this item? Also, when using the budget I would like to see the ability to choose which accounts are included in the budget. For instance I have a mortgage account and a credit card account, and when I make payments to them it adds it to my budget as income, because I use the deposit option to bring down the balance. However, it's not really income at all. I love MMEX and I will continue to use it even though it doesn't have this feature. It really has helped my budgeting a lot.

Thank you to all the developers =)
Re: Budget Performance

siowena
Super MMEX User

Budget Performance
- When you setup a budget for a year e.g. 2019 or 2020, it will appear as a submenu under Budget Performance and then will show how you are doing against the budget.

As far as I know there's no way to limit budget by account, it all driven by categories.
Re: Budget Performance

siowena
Super MMEX User

TCMaGiC wrote:For instance I have a mortgage account and a credit card account, and when I make payments to them it adds it to my budget as income, because I use the deposit option to bring down the balance.

I'm assuming you have account for Mortgage with a -ve balance, likewise a CCard account with -ve balance (as you spend money).

Your money you pay off the mortgage and/or CCard with must come from somewhere - therefore it's income. If it's money paid into your bank account or some other account then when you make a mortgage and/or CC payment use the transfer option from the account where the money is coming from.

For example:
My salary is paid into my Bank Current Account and therefore is an Income from my Employer (payee)
When I pay my Mortgage I make a transfer from Bank Current Account into my Mortgage account.
Likewise I do the same when paying my CCard monthly amounts.
For the mortgage payment I have a reoccurring transaction setup.
Page 1 of 1