Year End

Page 1 of 1
6 posts
Year End

alas
New MMEX User

Normally, as far as I am aware, when you reach the end of the year, you create a new financial year, carrying forward future transactions, transaction still to be reconcile etc.. I cannot see in Money Manager a way of closing down year 1 and creating year 2 as a separate database.  At the moment I have a database going back to 2014, it will get bigger and bigger, this seems crazy.  I would have thought this was a basic routine.  I have seen it in accounting packages, so why isn't it in Money Manager.  Hardly a money manager if it can't do the basics!
Re: Year End

mikhailo2608il
New MMEX User

I do not believe you will encounter any significant performance problems as you go forward with MMEX. I have transactions in multiple accounts going back to 1993 - over 20,000 transactions are shown in the Transaction Statistics/ Total Transactions footer of the Home Page for MMEX. Even so my database is just 3060 KB. I just recently converted over to MMEX from Quicken 2003 for Windows and I had no performance issues with the 20,000+ record file in Quicken either. I am running on a low end Gateway desktop that cost less than $300 when I purchased it at Staples over 5 years ago so I pretty certain your PC is more powerful than mine.

The only performance issues I have run into with MMEX are with the Cash Flow reports but they are projecting 10 years into the future and I do not see how the size of the database would be a factor. Even so it is a minor delay as one waits 30 seconds for this particular report to complete. All other reports, updates, and commands finish instantly.

nikita01
New MMEX User

Pugwash59
New MMEX User

I had this facility in my previous accounting software (16-bit, so won't work on 64-bit systems) and I do miss it. However, I have been using MMEX for some years and have accumulated 9,477 transactions in a 1.25 Mb database without any problems. Therefore, I don't expect it to be a problem for many years, if at all.

siowena
Super MMEX User

alas wrote:Normally, as far as I am aware, when you reach the end of the year, you create a new financial year, carrying forward future transactions, transaction still to be reconcile etc.. I cannot see in Money Manager a way of closing down year 1 and creating year 2 as a separate database.  At the moment I have a database going back to 2014, it will get bigger and bigger, this seems crazy.  I would have thought this was a basic routine.  I have seen it in accounting packages, so why isn't it in Money Manager.  Hardly a money manager if it can't do the basics!

It's a requirement is accounting to 'lock' the year and not make any more changes and 'close' the year books for reporting purposes - this is a personal money manager so I guess it's not so strict.

JoWee
New MMEX User

The end of the year for all entrepreneurs and businessmen is associated with the submission of annual reports. This is one of the most important steps for successful business continuation. If you are faced with problems in accounting or tax papers, then use the professional help of Osome UK service https://osome.com/uk/accounting-services/.
Page 1 of 1